Chapter 07

Your POV

It’s been a week and a half of my stay with the scouts as the captain’s assistant. But no matter how captain tried to make my life a living hell, I always have a retort to give.

I gave a short salute before going off the headquarters ’ main office towards the stables to fetch my horse. As expected, I was delayed by that captain again as I was punished to reflect a hundred pages of apology letter from my ‘unrefined attitude towards superiors’ so they say.

Well, since I’m not sorry enough I simply slept it off for three hours before writing a short humble and level headed words of sincere apology. It consisted with few words which states my apology, and my qualms. I’m not just some brat he’s going to bully around, that bitchy cap. I survived the commandant for three years of never ending punishment too, anyways , except that I was slowly being killed here by workload even if I didn’t do anything bad .

The stack of papers I needed to deliver back to captain Levi were in my bag. It was so thick that my shoulder started aching from the heave, but I ignored it. Maybe I should let that shorty wait a little longer? Maybe I should enjoy few hours of my life before he ends it later after he’s read my reflection letter?

Lifting myself up into my horse, I thoughtfully let it run over the streets slowly while I made my way into the crowd. Some were giving me strange looks as I wore my new uniform, informing everyone that I was a part of the survey corps. I also gave the eye contact back, not minding whether it’s a glare or just a simply curiosity since I was fed up with the captain’s glare that I’m not scared if anyone would eye me meanly. No one can beat his effortless scary look, other than Mikasa , of course.

When I left town, I decided to speed up a little. It’s already been noon and I’ve taken too much time earlier that I didn’t even fill my stomach with lunch, hopefully, the captain would be kind enough to let me have dinner after I pissed him off. Another half an hour, I was able to reach the castle—now known as reckon corps’ headquarters.

The entrance was a bit crowded, so I was guessing that the new recruits already came for the special operation squads . Excited that I might see familiar faces, I hurried my horse into the stables. The smile on my face quickly swept off tiredness when I saw Armin and Mikasa with Eren, but soon I stopped on my tracks and observed a little. Looks like the trio’s really back. I quietly jumped off my steed and pulled its rope with me as I went near them.

When Armin saw me, he smiled, waving a hand and I couldn’t contain myself as I ran into him and pounded him with a tight hug. “Y/n, where have you been? How come you disappeared during our battle in Trost? Everyone’s worried about you! ” the blonde asked rather casually.

“Been good and had gotten a little bit held back . And you guys?” I eyed Mikasa who was looking back at me , her eyes were observing as usual when it comes to staring at me.

“You’ve been with Eren all this time?” she asked , her voice a stench of disapproval over her own words .

“Technically yes.” I nodded. “But honestly, we barely even talked to each other.” I added as a matter of fact.

“Why not—”

“Hey, shitty brat.” The cold intimidating voice called out to cut Armin’s curious question, and by that annoyed tone of voice he’s just used. I’m pretty sure I’m the one he’s calling, despite everyone new in the squad looking at him in anticipation .

I sighed and turned to him, catching his exclusive hateful glare for me. “Yes, captain?” I asked sheepishly.

“Take my papers into the office and wait for orders.” He said. A threatening tone manifested out of his undeniably pissed off face before he started off to talk to his colleagues.