Chapter 21

Y/n's POV

I truly believe that I won't get past my 30s after becoming this guy's assistant!

"It's still dusty. Clean it again."

While I was facing his back, I rolled my eyes and made a face before grabbing some clean rug. Shitty cap stepped aside which had me taking the space where he stood and started wiping the shelf this with all honesty, I see no dirt at all.

He just stood at my side, burning holes and glaring daggers at me, watching like I'm an idiot.

"Tch. Not there." He said.

I turned to him confused.

And he grabbed the rug and wiped under the shelf case where it held the books. "If you're only cleaning the upper part, it's not going to work. Clean every nooks and cranny and swipe the dust off properly." He explained before shoving the piece of cloth back to me.

I blinked twice and watched him leave. Either way, that got me thinking... it's the first time he gave me a cleaning tips! Which is a shock considering how he would grumpily says "redo it." "You call this clean?" "Idiot, do it ten times more."

So hearing him say something else than that... was quite a miracle.

Should I hold a celebration party later on? Well, not big of a deal, but it's the first step. I shrugged my thoughts in some corner, wasting my potential into cleaning dust from a shelf rarely used.

Captain just sat on his desk and focused on paperworks. Hange barged in earlier as well and discussed the current situation to him about the whole of 104th batch of cadets sent to a certain location.

This took my interest, considering that they've sent some of my friends somewhere I don't even know, considering it was a classified interrogation.

But later that day, Hange brought me into the light. Told me what I needed to know about this secret mission since we have the same interest. Be it as it may, I guess. But what she revealed did had me surprised.

Because for one: they suspect that Eren and Annie isn't the only ones in my batch that can turn into a titan. And another: they suspect that the titans who caused the breach to wall Maria is hiding among our peers.

"That is possible..." I thoughtfully replied before looking back at her. "Did you have suspects in mind?" I asked.

"Yes." Hange looked at me with serious and firm look. Something that tells me to stay strong for what it's worth. I blinked twice, taking that gaze as something that I should be prepare for.

"How long have you known your classmates." The captain suddenly asked.

I turned to him and had my frown deepen. "For three years, sir. Considering that we're acquainted, I know most things about them through how their stories circulated among peers." I explained. Then it dawned into me about the people I considered friends. That I don't exactly know them first hand, but by how they were described.

"Three years is only a short time. If you don't want your friends to disappear, remember this." He paused and looked at me with sharp obsidian eyes. "You should be willing to sacrifice and let go some of them."

By how he had said it, I think I started piecing the puzzle. Two of those traitors are ones closest to me and I have to brace myself for the reality that's about to come. And thinking about it, I guess the confirmation of their identity must have come from Armin who knew almost all of them.

"We will set the trap. Hopefully, it would work. And surely, Levi will tell you the detailes on the way." Hange tapped my shoulder with sympathy before eyeing Levi and leaving.