Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Levi

I watched her hand slowly loosening from her hold, opening weakly while her eyes were half open as I see a droplet of tear fell from its misty color that started to fade. "Shitty brat. Don't go dying yet." I hissed. She didn't respond, doesn't seems that she could hear me as her arm fell on her side, her eyes slowly closing. My heart raced, jump and somehow stopped as well. Her head was bleeding, her eyes closed, her delicate body dangled like a lifeless doll in my arms. "So, this is how weak you are? Don't bullshit with me, Y/n. Your acting is not really laughable." I whispered defeated.

I breathed deep, hiding the heave that started loading through my chest. I grasped her arm tight while feeling her skin slowly turning cold. Her face bathed with blood mixed with the tears she shed for the last time.

Is this a punishment? While I never saw how Elize died, I'm going to watch how the other will? I placed her down on the tree, leaning to seat with her hands on both side, making sure that she's high enough for titans not to notice and tucked enough not to fall before I chased after the titan who did this to her. I gripped my sword tightly as I swung forward, meeting up with Mikasa who kept tracked on the female titan.

She eyed me with a confused look. "Where's Y/n?"

"Dead. Now focus on the mission. We need to get him back." I sternly said. I felt myself choking from my own words. My heart was heaving in such pain that what I want to do is chop off that grotesque creature in front of me.

"Dead?!" she exclaimed surprised. "What are you doing? What are your squad doing?! I thought you'll protect them both?!" she accused.

I didn't speak any retort. Sure enough she's right, but none of them were strong enough to do so. "After I recovered Eren, we're going to retreat." I simply said.

She nodded to it. At least, I know the boy is way more of a value for her than her other friend was. But, if only possible, I could've let the titan bitch take him and run Y/n back to the medic in hopes that, maybe, they could revive her. However, I guess... he really is more of value than her after all. Even for us all. The pinch in my chest felt even more seizing, wanting to explode with my head.

I shoot up towards the titan, she tried to grab me but I swirled around her arms, cutting it off while the oriental woman slashed the back of her feet, sending her down on the floor. She tried to attack me again that I quickly pulled myself to swiftly cut her mouth, letting it dangle open, showing the boy sliding off her tongue. Landing on her arm, I felt my ankle suddenly twisted by miscalculations. Ignoring it as well while I grabbed him. A signal to retreat.

While on our way back, I caught sight of her body still sitting on the tree where I left her. she didn't change position, nor had there been any movement from her. "Captain..." Mikasa spoke. I turned to her shortly who seemed to look guilty all over her expression. "Can I get Y/n back? maybe they could revive her there. I don't want to leave her here." She asked.

"Suit yourself." I simply replied. But tad thankful that I won't be leaving another body.

Reaching the meeting site, we landed on the grass. Some of the subbordinate's eyes went on me and Mikasa while we carried one unconscious body each. Erwin went near me with a questioning look when he saw us. One of the soldier took Eren on my stead, and another on Y/n.

"Take them to the first aid." I said.

"Eh? Isn't this one dead? I'll take her with the other dead soldiers." the soldier who carried the girl said that made Erwin surprised and my heart sank in a total mess of heave once again, coming near to the soldier who was carrying the limp girl.