The Perfect Stranger

Here I go.

From here on I won't have Gabe as my protector. I won't have a room to run to, to hide my tears. I won't have a way to runaway. Because I already have. I have left, I can do this.

It has been a good 2 hours, I think, since I left. As soon as I had left, I had stripped and changed into my wolf form. I was faster in my wolf form, any werewolf is, so I was able to get further. I put my clothes in my bag, put my bag in my mouth and ran. I ran and ran and only stopped once to get some water. I'm glad that Gabe had given me some dinner before I left, I needed that bit of energy.

I was now too tired to go any further but knowing that I couldn't stop, I changed into my human form and quickly threw some clothes on. I tied my hair up before throwing bag over my shoulder and continuing to walk. I believe I ran about 40 to 50 kms. But Jace's territory seemed never ending.

I continued to walk straight. It wasn't a fast walk and it wasn't a slow walk either. It was perfect for the amount of energy I had left.

I just thought about things.

What would I be doing right now if Jace hadn't had gotten pissed at me this morning? Would we be cuddling or would i still be trying to ignore him? Does he know that I've left? Has he read the note?

So many questions ran through my mind at once. I had to stop and lay down for a bit. I sat down on an over grown tree root and stared at the floor where a brown leaf was being blown away. I stared at it until it was out of sight and that's when all the tears started to come out. None stop. I leaned back on the tree and put my knees on my chest.

I don't exactly know what I was crying amount. Maybe it was the separation from my mate hitting me now or maybe it was the thought of being a rouge now.

Whatever it was, it was enough to make me fall asleep.

~

I shot up quickly.

How long was I asleep?

The sky was still dark, the moon shining almost as bright as the sun so it couldn't have been too long. I got on my feet and stretched my aching body. Not the best sleep I've ever had but I got some energy back.

Con about this was I lost track of time. I didn't even bring a watch or clock.

Damn, better get moving.

I picked up my bag and decided to run in my human form, knowing that my wolf would take up too much of my limited energy. I threw it over my shoulder then started to jog.

I jumped over mud puddles and fallen branches and I dodged trees and sometimes birds. I was running until I reached a small lake. Way smaller than the one John, Gabe and I trained at. It was about the size of a spa with flowers growing around the edges.

I crouched down and began to wash my face, my hands and mouth. I then got up and walked to the other side of the lake, to drink clean water. When the water entered my dry throat, it felt so good and so refreshing.

I walked over to my bag and searched through it. A grin spread across my lips when I found it. My water bottle. I had left it there from my training session, since this was the bag I would normally take.

I filled the bottle up, 'till it was full, closed it then placed it in my bag again. I took another drink from the lake before getting up and continuing to jog.

It felt good. I was refreshed and hydrated and just the feeling of the wind blowing in my hair.

I was running when I saw a shadow pass by me from behind. I didn't even turn around. I started to sprint faster, hoping to get far enough so I could quickly strip and shift.