It Was A Tough Decision

IRA POV

I woke up the next morning and instead of feeling the hard wood of the dock underneath me, I felt softness and a blanket on top of me. The sound of soft snoring beside me caused me to open my eyes in shock. 

I turned my head to my left and see a shirtless, sleeping Jace, facing me.

He looked so cute and innocent.

His hair was messy and his chest was slowly rising and falling. The blue blankets were only up to our waist and I looked down to see that I was wearing a black shirt over my bikini bra. I took a sniff of it and confirmed it belonged to Jace.

I roll my eyes and look back at Jace. Gently, I lift my hand and touch the side of his face. I couldn't help it. He nuzzled his head more into my hand and I smiled. I really think this can work out. Him and I. But I want to go slow and not rush things.

I pulled my hand back and stared at the ceiling.

That's when it hit me. I was in a bed, half naked, with Jace, who is also half naked. I screamed and jumped off the bed. I thanked the Gods when I saw I was still wearing my shorts. I look up to see Jace rubbing his eyes and slowly getting up. He looked so cute like a baby, I just wanted to go there and pinch his cheeks.

"What happened?" He asks after a moment of silence.

"What am I doing in your room, sleeping on your bed?!" I yell.

He just shrugs his shoulders, "Sleeping I guess."

"No sh*t, Sherlock! I mean why didn't you put me in my bed?"

"Because I hadn't seen you in two weeks and I wanted to be close to you." He said while getting off the bed. He was still in his swimming clothes so I don't think he showered after the swim. He started to head to the bathroom and then shut the door behind him.

I huffed and slipped his shirt off before dropping it on the floor. I casually ran out of the room, down the stairs and headed to my room.

I opened the door slowly and there I saw mine and Gabe’s' bed together and on top, Gabe spooned Kim from the back. They were sound asleep and I found it cute. I smiled then grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom.

I had a quick shower before changing into some casual clothes. I let my hair out, allowing it to air dry, then walked outside, throwing my dirty clothes in the basket.

As I was about to leave the room, Gabe shuffled and then sat up. I turned around and saw him look at me confusingly, Kim still fast asleep. I gave him the thumbs up and a questioningly look and he smiled and nodded then lied down before spooning her again. I smiled then walked out and caught the time before I left, 10:28am.

Damn, it's late.

I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where I smelt and heard someone making some yummy food. I walk in and see Jace behind the counter, flipping pancakes. He looked up and smiled at me, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Sit down, food's nearly done." He orders. I roll my eyes but follow his orders and sit down.

"First, don't call me that and second, thanks, you didn't have to make me breakfast." I said, a cheeky grin playing on my lips.

"First, fine but soon enough I will start to call you that, and second, I felt like surprising you." He replies, glancing at me mid-way through his sentence. I roll my eyes again and then grin wider as he brings me a plate with about 5 chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream and golden syrup on top. He places it in front of me before fetching me a glass of cold chocolate milk.