Sarah

IRA POV

"What is she doing here?"  I asked Jace in our mind link.

"I don't know. But she's human, we can't let our secret be heard." He said seriously.

"How did she even find u-" I was cut short.

"Either you guys are really shocked to see me or you're talking in the mind link." Sarah said with a weak smile. My mouth fell wide open. How did she know about our mind link? She couldn't be werewolf, she doesn't smell like it.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, pretending to play dumb.

"I know you guys are werewolves, you don't have to act dumb." She said while rolling her eyes. I turned and looked at Jace to see him wide eyed and staring at Sarah with dis belief over his face. I nudged him and he stood up straight and closed his mouth.

"Uhm, how?" He asked.

"You think i could come inside? It's kind of cold outside." She pulled her Kathmandu jacket closer to her and thats when i noticed her clothing. She was wearing the jacket and a black pencil skirt. I think she just came back from work.

"Oh, uhm yeah sure." Jace said as he pulled me to the side to give her space. She smiled and walked straight in. I led her to the lounge as Jace closed the door.

"Everyone, out." I said to the 7 or so people in the lounge. They looked up and bowed before walking out. Sarah smiled and walked to the loveseat that was at the end of the room, the one i fell asleep on. I went and sat on the one to her left.

"You want a drink?" I asked her. Hey, i was only being polite! She shook her head and we watched as Jace came and sat next to me. He gave me a reasuring smile and i gave him a weak one.

"So, how do you know of our kind?" Jace asked, seriousness taking over him.

"Well my mom married one of your kind." She said. Jace and i slowly nodded. Her step dad had either lost his mate or not found her yet, which i doubt.

"And what do you want with us? Jace asked.

"Well, i was hoping to stay here for a bit." She said slowly. I raised an eyebrow and gave her a questioning look. "You see, my step dad was in Sams pack-" She was cut off by a growl. I turned around to see Jace glaring at Sarah. I put a hand on his lap and he snapped his head my way before looking back at Sarah.

"You're a spy, right?" Jace asked, still glaring at her.

"What?! No! That's not it!" She said, shaking her head.

"What is then?" I asked.

"Well, when you injured Sam, our whole pack went bonkers and then when i came home, my parents were a bit crazy. It scared me a bit and yesterday, i came home and they were gone. I waited all night for them but they never came back so i came to the closest pack house around here." She said. I slowly nodded and i saw from the corner of my eye that Jace was still glaring at her.

"So what should we do? Sam kidnapped Ira!" Jace growled and i saw Sarah flinch. I turned around and entwined our fingers. Jace looked at me and his eyes softened. I smiled at him. If he let his wolf take over, there was no doubt that he would rip Sarahs head off.

"Calm down." I told him in the mind link. He gave me the slightests of nods and looked back at Sarah, followed by me.

"So?" I asked.

"Oh right. Uhm, well i was hoping i could stay here for a bit. You know just untill i found another place to stay or something." She said.

"Why not stay at one of you relatives?" I asked.