Rouge Mate

IRA POV

Jace drove home really fast and we reached there in half the time. Jace rougly parked outside the house and we ran inside to be welcomed by my brothers.

"What happened?!" Jace growled, walking fast towards Gabe untill he was about a step away from him.

"Ask Anthony." Gabe said calmly, pointing to the door.

"Where is he?" Jace growled one again.

"Medical house." John stated, taking a step forward. Jace turned around and immediatly walked to the door but not before acknowledging me.

"Go upstairs, i'll be there soon." He said soothingly before side stepping me and walking out the door, my brothers following after. I just stood there, thinking.

I still can't believe that he escaped. I mean, how? He was chained up good with two gaurds! The need to know how he escaped became unbearable. I decided to go and see what Anthony has to say.

I walked out the door and made my way to the medical house. I wonder why he's in the medical house? And i wonder what happened to the second guard? My thoughts made my feet move faster in anticipation.

Once i reached the front doors, i inhaled the air and found Jaces sweet scent leading inside. I followed his scent and stopped when it reached a door saying ward 7. I took a peek through the window and saw Jace talking to my brothers in one corner and on the bed was a body with a white sheet over thier whole body. I've watched enough tv shows to know that it's a dead body. But who?

Curiosity took over me as i slowly opened the door. All the boys head snapped my way as i slowly shut the door and in an instant, Jace was infront of me, blocking my way.

"I told you to go in the room." He whispered, growling slightly.

"I want to know what's happening." I stated, crossing my arms.

"Ira, you won't like what you see." He sighed, running a hand through his hair before looking at me in the eyes.

"Please." I begged, reaching out to grab his hand. He didn't move when i entwined our fingers and started leading him to the bed. He soon started following and went stiff when we reached the bed.

"You don't have to do this, Irs." Gabe said, breaking the silence.

"I want to do this." I stated, giving him a reasuring smile before turning my attention back to the body. Slowly, Jace reached out and held the end of the covers before gently pulling the sheet back.

I stared at the face that i grew to love. The face that was so young and peaceful, always having a smile on thier face. A tear silently fell and stained the bed sheet before Jace hugged me from the side.

I was staring at the life less face of Matt.

"Are you ok?" Jace asked, kissing my temple. I quickly wiped my tears away, reminding myself to be strong.

"Yeah." I managed to croak out. Jace covered Matts face with the sheet before pulling me in for a hug. I didn't hug him back nor did i shed any tears.

Matt was dead. One soul, one boy and one future. Gone. Juat like that. How did he die? How was it possible that Chris could have attacked him? "How did he die?" I mumbled against Jaces chest.

"Chris killed him." He stated against my hair.

"How?"

"It was Matts first day on guard and-" I cut him off by shoving at his chest untill he was a good step away from me.