- 40 - Dream

The last few days we had spent in Aber had been exciting. Lou enjoyed the beach, specifically building sand castles with her daddy. I loved to watch the two of them and join in to help. It had me wondering whether we should move here permanently. I knew Taron's heart was here anyway.

I sat on the window sill in our flat that evening, looking outside to see the stars shining. I ran my hand over my belly. I didn't show yet, but I knew he or she was there.

Our baby.

I grinned like a fool.

"Hello baby" I whispered to my belly. "I'm so happy you're here"

I heard footsteps and looked up to find Taron leaning in the doorway, smiling. He had just put Lou down. She could sleep through a tornado at the moment.

I smiled back at him "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough" he grinned and walked towards me, focusing on the hands on my belly.

"How are you?" he asked and sat down next to me.

I lay my head on his shoulder and sighed when I felt him wrap an arm around my waist.

"I'm happy"

"I am too" he whispered and lay one hand on my belly "I'm so happy we know where we stand this time"

I smiled "We were already in love last time"

"I know" Taron rolled his eyes playfully "But we –" he paused "We both didn't know at the time"

"That's true" I agreed, shivering at the memory.

I had fallen so hard for him during my first pregnancy without even realising. We had both been blind. At times like now, it seemed like ages ago. I still remembered how unsure I had felt about myself and the baby. How vulnerable I had been. But Taron had always made me feel safe and loved.

And now we were here.

Taron held me for a while until we moved over to the bed because it was so much more comfortable. And I was craving his touch just like when I had carried Lou. I loved every second of it, as did Taron.

"There is something I wanted to tell you" he said after a while.

"What is it?" I mumbled, running my hand over his chest.

I heard him let out a shaky breath. We usually talked about whatever was on our minds so why was he hesitating?

I sat up slightly "What is it, Taron?"

"I don't know how to tell you this" he said quietly.

"Just tell me" I encouraged him.

His green eyes met mine and I reached for his cheek, caressing it with my thumb.

"You're distracting me" he chuckled, his smile so sincere.

I laughed and wanted to pull my hand away but Taron stopped me "No, please"

He leant in closer and pressed a quick kiss to my lips. To feel his lips against mine and his hand on my lower back had my heart racing. I let my fingers wander through his hair and deepened the kiss, but he pulled away.

I frowned as I opened my eyes but Taron's expression told me all I needed to know. We would continue this later as soon as he had gotten off his chest what he wanted to tell me.

"If it's a boy –" he said slowly "I think we should name him Oliver"

I met his eyes and he reached for me, cupping my cheek. I stared into his eyes and the full meaning of his words sank in. My lips parted and I tried to breathe, but I felt like the oxygen didn't reach my lungs.