- 8 - Bonding

"Who would you have chosen?"

That question had haunted me ever since Amanda had said it. I knew the answer and it scared me.

Because it wasn't the man laying in bed next to me.

I quickly got up as I got sick. I hurried to the bathroom, just in time, and threw up into the toilet.

I hovered over it, breathing hard.

That was the latest addition to the experience of being pregnant. It was no perk though.

"Honey, are you okay?" Josh mumbled eventually after he had probably woken up from all the puking.

I winced "Not really"

"Oh I'm so sorry" he gave me a kiss on the back of my head

"I'd bring you a cup of tea but I'm already late for work" he said as he got into the shower.

Really?

He got ready and dressed before giving me another kiss on my hair.

"Have a good day, baby" he winked before leaving.

How had this become my life?

When I finally felt a bit better I got up and put the kettle on. I checked my phone as I waited for the tea to brew.

There was a text from Taron and my heart jumped just reading his name

<<Can I come by on short notice? It's important>>

I frowned. He surely wouldn't ask if it wasn't important.

I texted back <<Sure. I'm at home>>

I heard the bell ring a second later and jumped. That couldn't be him, right?

"Hello?" I asked through the intercom

"It's me" Taron's voice had me shivering.

"Can I come up?"

I pressed the buzzer before I knew what hit me. And what I looked like.

Instead I opened the door for him and smiled.

How was he so handsome all the time? He was dressed in a black jeans and black hoodie. I don't think I had seen him in all black before. But I noticed bags under his eyes and his eyes were red.

Had he been... crying?

"Hey" he said as he pulled me into a hug.

I forgot all my thoughts as I wrapped my arms around his back and breathed him in.

I loved how we were into hugs now. Because he was the only person who actually hugged me really tightly.

I sighed but let go of him before I could start to feel sick again.

"Hi" I smiled "Come on in"

His eyes lingered on me for a second "Are you all right?"

I could ask him the same question.

"Morning sickness" I rolled my eyes

"Oh I'm so sorry" Taron frowned and put one hand on my shoulder "Anything I can do to make you feel better?"

I smiled "I already got tea and some meds"

I had gone to see a doctor days ago and was currently on sick leave.

"Okay good. Well –" he paused "Let me know if I can make you feel better"

I could think of a few things.