- 2 - Expecting

I almost told him we already knew each other but I stopped myself.

Instead I gulped "Nice to meet you"

He sat down in the chair next to me and I shivered. I didn't know how he could make me feel that way without even touching me.

He looked good, even better than I remembered. He was in dark grey jeans and a white tee.

"You too" Taron chuckled before frowning "Sorry" he mumbled as he looked down.

It felt like we were both on edge with the situation. Neither of us spoke for a while until I finally said what I wanted to tell him.

"I'll have an abortion" I said quietly, not meeting his eyes.

Hell, I barely knew him.

"I understand" he said but his voice sounded weirder than before.

I looked up and met his eyes that stared back at me. Was he... hurt?

"I'm sorry" I said "I'm engaged to be married and I never expected this to happen"

"Of course" Taron said after he cleared his throat "I certainly don't want to derail your life"

My spine tingled. How could he say that if he didn't even know me?

"You don't" I said quickly.

I didn't want him to take this the wrong way.

"Well it sure as hell would have changed things if you had decided to carry my baby" he said quietly.

His words sounded so final.

My heart jumped and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath.

His baby?

I hadn't even thought of that. This tiny human was his flesh and blood, but also mine. Was I ready to give that up? Give him or her up?

I couldn't meet his eyes as I was consumed by my thoughts.

"Please, I don't want you to feel bad about this. It was a mistake and I didn't even think –" he stopped.

I looked up and watched him "It was meant for my girlfriend since we – you know" he gestured.

I didn't quite get it. I frowned.

"She couldn't get pregnant after we had tried for years so that was a possibility we wanted to explore"

I couldn't believe he told me such personal things.

"I'm sorry" I said quietly.

I hadn't even thought about which problems I might face trying to get pregnant. Would it still be that easy to have a baby after I had an abortion? Took meds to basically tell my body to get rid of the baby?

I gulped at the thought. But what was the alternative? Carry his baby while being married to another man? That sounded complicated as hell.

"Okay" Taron sighed and got up. "We better carry on with our lives before –" he stopped.

Before the insemination.

I felt like my whole life changed within minutes.

He held out a card for me "Call me if you change your mind. Or if you need any help or support with the –" he looked down.

I knew what he wanted to say. Abortion.

"Thanks" I smiled lightly "It was nice to meet you"

He frowned ever so lightly before shoving his hands into his jeans pocket. I only now realised how snug they were.

"You too" Taron said quietly before turning around to leave "All the best for you"