- 15 - Truth

Taron

Neither of us moved as I felt the baby kick. I was so damn relieved she was fine. I didn't know what I had done otherwise.

My smile widened when I realised what Milly was wearing.

"I can't believe they put you in a hospital gown"

Milly grimaced "Well I didn't bring any clothes with me"

I looked into her eyes searchingly and removed one hand from her belly to cup her cheek. She slowly closed her eyes and I exhaled.

All I wanted was to kiss her. But I couldn't.

"What do you say?" I whispered "Will you move in with me?"

She opened her eyes again and her beautiful brown eyes stared into mine. She looked away as I could feel her thinking about it.

"I won't find a place to stay on such short notice so it might be for the best"

Thank God for that. I wanted her to move in with me and never leave. Ever.

"I still have to get all my things though. And all the baby stuff" she went on "Oh and we're friends, right?"

My heart dropped. But I would have her any way I could.

I smiled "Yes, we're friends"

"Okay" she seemed relieved.

I always wanted to have a functioning happy family since I couldn't have that as a child. So how would my daughter grow up with parents that didn't love each other? It broke my heart to think about it.

"Great" I forced out the word "I'll get everything ready then"

"I can only get my things when they release me so that's hopefully tomorrow" she said.

Then I had an idea.

"Did you bring the keys with you?"

She frowned before she answered "Yes. Why?"

I shrugged "I don't want to intrude but I was thinking I could get your stuff and the baby things?"

Was I overdoing it?

I waited for her reaction and she smiled.

"That would be great, Taron" I loved how she said my name.

"You're welcome, Taon" her cheeks reddened. She was so cute.

"It's actually Taron" I corrected "Starbucks always gets names wrong"

"Oh sorry, Taron. But yeah, you're right about Starbucks and names" she rolled her brown eyes and laughed.

I smiled.

I shook my head at the memory. What was that?

"Taron?" Milly asked.

I looked at her, blinking.

"Yeah?" I let out a breath

She blinked "I just said Josh won't be home anyway"

I frowned. I wouldn't have minded. Actually, I would have beaten the living daylights out of him for putting my baby at risk.

"Just let me know where I find everything" my voice was a bit gruff.

"Okay" she sighed "My clothes and the baby clothes are in the left side of the drawer. The cot is in the bedroom and a box with all other baby things is in the bottom drawer in the hall. Oh my suitcases are the pink and light green ones, you can load all stuff in there"