- 28 - Love

His eyes were soft, his face was the definition of love. He turned my hand around so he was caressing my palm.

"I'm glad you're the mother of my child"

Ovaries explosion right there.

"So, what do you have planned after this?" my voice was trembling.

Taron smiled "Want to get out of here?"

"Yes" I nodded.

I could not wait.

He took my hand in his and I could barely walk straight. We reached the elevators and I thought we were going down. But we were going up.

Taron's hand was still in mine as we were standing next to each other and I glanced over to him. His green eyes met mine and he smiled while caressing my hand with his thumb.

I gasped when he handed me a key card. I couldn't believe we would spend the night here.

We reached 44th floor and I squealed when we were standing in front of our room door. I swiped the card and opened it.

Taron held the door open for me and I walked inside first. I gasped when I looked at that view. I was practically glued to the window. We had a view over the river to the Gherkin and Sky Gardens. This must have cost him a fortune.

I glanced around the room and found lit candles and a bouquet of flowers on the table by the window. Taron was watching me as he got out of his suit jacket and lay it over the couch.

"You're insane" my voice was barely above a whisper as I walked towards him.

I smashed my lips to his and caught him off guard for a split-second until he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and kissed me back.

We pulled apart eventually, our foreheads resting against each other. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me again. That move right there had heart aching for him even more.

I felt my head spinning when his tongue met mine, ever so slowly and sensually. He had his hands on my waist and I could feel the bed right behind me. I would only have let myself fall down on it, but he didn't let me. Not yet.

My fingers ran through the stubble along his jawline and I sighed into his mouth.

Then his lips left mine. I opened my eyes in confusion.

The way he looked at me had my heart racing and he didn't take a step back. Neither did I.

"There is something I wanted to give you" he whispered "before we –"

I was drowning in his beautiful green eyes that reflected so much of his feelings.

Then he took a step back and headed for his suit jacket, rummaging through the pocket inside.

He pulled out a small box and my breath hitched.

"Here" he handed me the small box.

I looked at him and he frowned. He seemed nervous.

I opened the box to find a tiny baby bracelet inside.

"Ohhh" I whispered as I pulled it out and looked at the engraving.

It read Louisa on the front and her birth date on the back.

"I wanted to give this to you as a present for when you give birth" he whispered "I actually picked it out on that day right before I got the text that you were in the hospital"

The sincerity in his voice and his eyes had my eyes filling with tears.

"Hey" he cupped my face in one of his hands.