- 19 - Insecurities

Taron

She let out a breath and I felt like I already had my answer.

"I need to do this on my own" she said quietly, not meeting my eyes.

We reached home, thank God and I parked the car as fast as I could.

"Milly" I sighed "Look at me"

She wouldn't meet my eyes though. I turned the car and opened the door for her so she had no choice but to look at me.

Her eyes met mine and I could tell she was sad.

She got out of the car and I held on to her arms before she could stop me. There was only her belly between us.

"I know it's your decision to make, but let me be a part of this"

She sighed "Taron, please"

Her voice was a plea.

Was I pushing too far?

I dropped my hands from her arms.

"I just want to be there for you" I whispered "Let me be there for you"

"I can't" she sounded pained.

Neither of us spoke as I unlocked the front and flat door and she walked off into the bedroom.

What was even wrong with her? What was wrong with us?

But then again, I had to remind myself that there would never be an us.

I ran my hand through my hair as I sat down on the couch and waited for her. Waited for her to come to me, talk to me.

But it didn't happen.

Instead I got a text from Richard

<<You looked like quite the couple tonight. Hope everything is good>>

I buried my face in my hands. Was this true? The only thing I knew was that I wanted to kiss the fuck out of her on stage after she chose that song.

I felt drawn to her like a magnet. I had felt this way ever since she saved me.

I wonder if she felt the same way.

<<Things are weird. I'll keep you posted>>

I had been too persistent. I knew I didn't have a right to be there, I just wanted to support her, hold her hand, tell her everything would be okay.

When I walked into the bedroom she was asleep, her face facing the drawers instead of my side of the bed.

I let out a breath as I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

The next few weeks would be long if she didn't talk.

Hell, the next years would be tough on us and the baby if she didn't.

I got up quietly the next day, trying not to wake Milly and got ready for work. I arrived there and was through hair and makeup earlier than expected and that was when I had an idea.

I got my phone from my jeans pocket and dialled.

"Hi darling, how are you?" she answered immediately

"Mom? I need your help"

"What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the baby?" she sounded worried.

My mom knew the whole story. I had kept her posted, nearly on a daily.

"No, it's not that. There is something wrong with Milly" I let out a breath "She doesn't want me there when she... when she has the baby"