- 23 - Baby

Taron

I was officially the happiest man alive. I watched my two women together and I still couldn't quite believe it. It felt like an out of the body experience and I wondered if it would ever feel real.

That kiss had taken me by surprise, even if I had been the one who kissed her. We had been caught up in the moment and after all these hours we had both been so relieved to hold our baby.

But I also knew I would fight for her. Because I needed her in my life, now more than ever, and I wanted us to be a real family.

They let me cut the cord and I felt like I was shaking, afraid to do something wrong. I wiped the tears out of my eyes before I did, focusing hard.

"She looks so much like you" Milly smiled at me.

It was as if we stepped into a whole new reality now.

I looked at her and our baby. Her tiny fingers, her little face. But I didn't see it. She much rather looked like her mom.

"She looks like you" I smiled.

We were so focused on our baby that when they asked Milly to push again, I was genuinely surprised. She delivered the placenta but we were more focused on the baby than anything else. Milly seemed to not be in a lot of pain and I was so happy. Because I had been scared shitless earlier and I had tried to keep it together for her.

Our girl headed for one of Milly's breasts and I watched in awe as Rachel helped Milly adjust and attached her.

That tiny human started sucking and Milly giggled

"It's tingling"

I smiled, still in awe. This was incredible.

"Have you chosen a name yet?" Rachel asked.

Milly and I looked at each other and I knew we were still on the same page.

"Louisa"

Milly

Time seemed to fly and I wasn't even tired. Not anymore. I wanted to spend as much time with my family as possible. I had a hard time when they took Louisa to weigh and clean her, before they dressed her.

Taron was with them while a doctor stitched me up.

"Can I get up?" I asked.

"Wait a bit until the local anaesthetic wears off. Should be around 15 minutes"

"Okay thanks" I smiled.

I couldn't wait to get up and walk.

Taron came back with our baby in his arms and I felt my ovaries exploding right there. Or maybe that was just the pain meds talking.

He oh so carefully lay her down on my chest again and sat down next to me.

I smiled at him.

We had to transfer to our private room as soon as I was ready and I had a hard time separating from my girl, even though she was in the bassinet next to my wheelchair.

I let out a sigh when we reached our room. Taron had insisted on paying for it and I thought 100 pounds per night were reasonable. If all was well, we could leave tomorrow.

I felt like Taron and I stared at Lou for hours, even though it was only minutes. He had his arm around my waist as I sat on the couch and I enjoyed that moment. I started to tear up as it all hit me really bad

"Hey" Taron whispered as he caressed my tear away "What's wrong?"

I sniffled and he handed me a tissue "I don't know. The feelings just hit me really bad after everything that happened"