- 34 - Life

Taron

We told our friends and my family and they were so excited and happy for us. I felt like I would burst with pride and happiness. It had me wondering if Milly would ever tell her family about us. She always swerved the topic and I knew she was sensitive but it had me wondering what was going on. I was sure it meant a lot to her for her family to come to our wedding. But then she also never told them about Lou either.

My heart was focused because I had to go back to work. I loved my job, but I dreaded not seeing my girls all day.

"Bye babe" Milly kissed me while she held our daughter and I pulled them both to me.

I gulped when we pulled away and I knew this was it. I had to leave.

"Kick their asses" she smiled at me.

I grinned "I'll be home as soon as I can"

She caressed my cheek and I knew I would miss her touch too "We will still be here when you get home" she whispered.

I laughed "You better" I winked

I kissed our daughter on her forehead and she waved me goodbye.

This might have been the hardest walk I had ever had, walking away from them, even if it was only for a few hours.

Once I was at work I focused on the task at hand and quickly became all caught up with my role of Eggsy again.

But week after week flew by and I missed my family more than anything. I watched the videos and photos Milly sent me every day, and Lou started speaking more, she started trying to walk and I wasn't there.

I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my body. What would that mean to my job and my family?

"Taron" I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I turned around and smiled "Colin, hey. How are you?"

"Good, good" he said "How are you? I heard you're engaged?"

My smile widened "I am. Could be happier if it wasn't for work" I grimaced.

"Well who wouldn't want to quit all this for family" he gestured around and I knew what he meant.

Set life wasn't all that glamorous what it was made out to be.

"Yeah" I sighed.

"You're lucky, Taron" he said as he put one hand on my shoulder "Hold on to her, she's a keeper"

"All of this –" he referred to set life "isn't important if you have a love like that"

I smiled. I knew that. And I would never let her go.

I was at home late one night and Lou was already asleep. I watched her sleep while I looked at the memories pinned on the wall. There was a picture of Milly and Lou after birth, of the three of us and of Lou's first birthday. But then there were pictures I could only look at and not know what that moment had been like.

"Taron"

I turned around to find Milly walking towards me. I lightly smiled at her before I focused on the pictures again.

"Memories to be made" she smiled, repeating the exact wording I had told her when I had shown her this room.

I gulped "Yeah. Except I'm not a part of all of them"

Her hand went around my lower back and she pulled me into a hug. This was what I had needed. I relaxed against her and pulled her tighter to me.

"I'm not sure how much longer I can do this" I whispered.