- 35 - Brother

Taron

I took the car back home that night and checked my phone. Milly hadn't texted me for the last three hours and I was starting to worry. Normally, she sent me a picture or video almost every hour and I loved her even more for it. It felt like I was there, even if I wasn't.

I quietly unlocked the front door because Lou was probably already asleep.

"Hey Taron" Milly walked towards me and pulled me into a hug.

I sighed against her "Hi babe. How was your day?"

She pulled away and I saw her chin was wobbling.

"Hey" I whispered as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Is something wrong with Lou?" Worry panged through me.

She shook her head "No, Lou is perfect" she sniffled.

"Then what is it?" I whispered.

She just shook her head and shrugged "Sorry. I don't even want to bother you. I'm sure you had a stressful day"

Today had been stressful but I wanted to know why she was upset. I loved her and wanted to make her feel better.

"Come on" I wrapped my arm around her and we walked towards the couch.

She sighed and moved away from me. I frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know how to tell you" she whispered "I –"

I had never seen her that upset, so hurt.

"We can face everything together" I whispered, laying my hand on her thigh.

She let out a breath "I called my mom earlier. I wanted to tell her about the wedding and –"

She sobbed.

"Oh babe" I pulled her to me and hugged her "What happened?"

She cried into my shoulder and I knew that this was what love meant. A shoulder to lean on, being there for each other no matter what. It broke my heart to see her like this.

"It just brought up all these memories" she sobbed.

"Which memories?" I asked as I stroked her back.

Maybe she wasn't ready to tell me.

She pulled away and wiped the tears out of her face. I handed her a tissue and she blew her nose.

"I should've told you a long time ago" she rolled her eyes.

"Hey" I cupped her face "I love you. You can tell me everything"

"Okay" she let out a breath "I have been in an accident years ago" she sniffled.

My heart stopped for a second. Her too?

"What?" I asked quietly "When?"

She looked at me and her eyes were so full of tears I almost started crying too.

"I –" she exhaled.

I wrapped my arms around her to comfort her.

She glanced at me "I'm sorry I didn't tell you"

Why was she sorry? She must have had her reasons for not telling me.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" I ran my hand through her soft hair.

She blew her nose again "It was years ago, before I even moved to London"

I ran my hand over her back, waiting for her to continue.