- 16 - Home

Taron insisted on staying with me throughout the night. He just wouldn't leave my side, no matter how much I tried to argue with him that he would have a better sleep at home. The doctor checked on me and the baby again the next day but all was well, so they released me.

I was so glad all had been false alarm.

Taron took us to his place and I still had to wrap my head around the fact that I would live there now. It scared me, but at the same time I was relieved. I blamed my pregnancy hormones for the confusion in my mind.

"Welcome" Taron smiled when he opened the door and gestured for me to go inside.

Everything was just like I remembered, except for some unwashed pots and pans in the kitchen.

"Do you cook often?" I asked as we stood in the living room and I glanced over to the kitchen.

Overall his place was huge though, nothing like the cramped up space where I used to live. But I wanted to start fresh and shake the old place and the memories that came with it out of my mind.

"I love to cook" Taron's eyes lit up "Maybe we can cook something together sometime?"

I smiled "I'd love that"

"Can I get you a glass of water?" he asked "Or something else to drink"

"Water is fine" I said "But you don't have to bring me anything. I gotta get used to –" I stopped myself.

I had to get used to actually living here.

"Well –" Taron looked at me intently, getting what I had meant "Feel right at home"

He showed me around the kitchen and everything was new and well equipped. I was speechless.

He looked at me, clearly amused when I was speechless.

"And there's the bathroom" he went on.

The bathroom was spacious too, with a shower and bathtub, and a window. It only kept getting better.

I didn't even ask how he could afford it, because – well – I knew.

"Oh and that's the bedroom. I put the suitcases in there"

I glanced at the suitcases, then at the huge bed and a wall full of drawers

"You have a lot of clothes" I laughed as heat creeped up my spine.

I hadn't even thought about us sharing a bed.

Taron rolled his eyes "Yeah, mostly work clothes, suits and stuff. But this side of the drawer –" he gestured towards the two right drawers "is yours"

I smiled. I didn't even have that much stuff "Perfect. Thank you"

I took Taron in, clearly as unsure about the whole thing as I felt, in yesterday's clothes, his hands in his pockets. He was cute and I couldn't believe he did all that for me.

"What about the bed?" I blurted out.

Taron looked at me frowning, before he grinned. I could just look at him all day.

"Just choose whichever side you prefer to sleep on"

"Which side do you sleep on?" I insisted.

Taron's eyes flickered between mine, clearly amused "You're stubborn, aren't you"

I smiled "I definitely am. It's your place. I'm just –"

I stopped myself from saying I would only stay here for a short period of time.