- 3 - The accident

The line went quiet for a while "Are you sure? It could be Josh's if you had been with him–"

I shook my head. We had always used a condom and we hadn't even had sex that many times with the stress about the wedding and everything.

I told her.

"Oh my God Milly" she said "I can't believe this"

I laughed, for the first time in what felt forever "Tell me about it"

"Taron, eh?" her voice was calm.

But I shivered as memories flooded my brain.

"You know it wasn't your fault, right?" Amanda said.

I shrugged "Well I don't really know. It might have been"

"What did he look like today?" she asked "I'm sure he is fine if he wants to procreate"

I shrugged "He seemed fine. But then you can't always say. He might have permanent damage" I trailed off.

"But that's highly unlikely" Amanda said

I always believed in the worst-case scenario. Not a trait I was particularly proud of.

"I definitely hope so. It was just so weird to see him again" I shivered at the thought.

We had only shared that moment. Yet it somehow never left my mind. Until I had met Josh.

I sighed "Well he didn't recognise me"

A part of me wished he would have.

"And how would he?" she said "He was in an accident. He probably barely remembers anything about that moment"

6 years ago

I was just walking into Starbucks. Today was pretty relaxing, I would only start my job the next week. I queued and had a look at the boards. I would probably take a Chai Latte and a blueberry muffin.

"One coffee and a bagel for take away, please" the man in front of me ordered and I glanced at the back of his head.

I would never get over British accents and from what I could tell from behind, he was beautiful too.

"What's your name?" the barista asked.

"Taron" he said as he typed away on his phone.

One of the super busy people in London eh?

It was my turn and I ordered before waiting until my coffee was ready.

I had a better look at Taron and my stomach squeezed. He really was handsome. He didn't pay any attention to me though, as we both waited for our coffee.

"One bagel for take away" they called and Taron stepped forward and grabbed it

"Thanks" he smiled before heading for the exit.

He was just walking out of the door when they put his coffee on the counter. The cup even read "Taon".

"Wait" I called as I grabbed his coffee and ran after him.

I didn't even know what hit me.

Taron had his corded earphones in so he didn't hear me. I hurried after him on the street, making a total fool of myself, before grabbing his arm.

He frowned before he realised I was holding his coffee. He took his earphones out and smiled.

"Ah thank you, I totally forgot" he smiled