Chapter 26

Here's the next chapter! Please vote and comment for it! I hope you guys like it and please vote and comment for it! :D I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please vote and comment to identify yourselves to me! :D In the next chapter, there will be the Day of Funerals, which will teach all of you guys about magician customs, haha. Okay, enjoy! :D Picture of Benjamin on the side! :D 

Chapter 26

                “The first line of the prophecy is the one that proves that it involves you,” Kayla told Troy, breaking the silence. “The only way magicians of all the four elements could unite is with a Magician of Fire descended from Varmer’s bloodline to be on our side.”

                At Kayla’s words, Dahlia diverted her attention back to the others. Arulan let out a silent breath that he didn’t know he was holding. She was too observant for her own good; it seemed like her father really had trained her well to read people’s facial expressions.

                Troy grimaced, but he didn’t contradict Kayla. “What about the other magicians? It seems like it could be anyone from Dahlia to Luna to you, Kayla. How do we know who’s involved and who isn’t?”

                Romulus grinned. “You’re forgetting about a mysterious little diviner called Luna,” he told him. “She knows more about the prophecy than any living person.”

                Kayla cut in. “Yeah, Troy,” she continued. “Remember that Luna told us that she had a vision of us fighting Varmer? Well, the people involved in that premonition are undoubtedly the people in the prophecy.”

                Dahlia rubbed her forehead which was starting to ache. “Okay, so she saw me and Troy and… who else?”

                It was Kayla’s turn to grimace. Luna hadn’t been extremely clear about each and every one of her visions, but she did know that sometimes Luna could make mistakes interpreting them. No matter how clear she tried to outline the future, things often came out in different order or in different ways that she had predicted although almost every vision she got came to pass.

                “Luna will have to tell you that,” Kayla said flatly. “Because I don’t really know myself. The last few times that Luna tried to interpret her far-off visions of the future, some details turned out differently. The only thing that she is positive of is that you two are definitely involved in the prophecy, no matter what.”

                That was helpful. Kayla could see the frustration in both of their faces for both of them had been promised answers and what they were getting were more like vague promises of what the future held.

                “That’s not very definitive,” Dahlia complained.

                “It’s a prophecy,” Kayla argued. “It doesn’t have to be clear. It just has to exist.”

                “How clear,” Troy grumbled. “Oh, there’s a spy but we don’t know who the Magician of Earth is. Someone tried to assassinate Luna, but we also don’t know who that is. Raven’s in a coma, but we don’t know how to heal her. Jenna’s disappeared and we think we know how she was kidnapped, but we can’t get her back. Why? Because we have to go through the House of Glamours and we don’t know how to defeat it. And now, the best one. There’s a prophecy and you’re in it, but we don’t know who else or how you can defeat Varmer. Great.”

                Saying it like that really made Kayla feel stupid and also frustrated. Troy was right; they had so many questions and no answers for any of them. But there was nothing Kayla could do about that, except continue to blunder through things and hope the spy slipped up. Exactly how, she had no idea, though.