Chapter 2

Here's the next chapter! :D I hope you guys like it. :D Please vote and comment for it! I really hope that you guys enjoy it. I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please vote and comment to identify yourselves to me. Even if I've dedicated a chapter in a previous book to you, I'll still dedicate it to you! :D Picture of Troy Flarehill on the side! :D 

Chapter 2

                As Kayla approached the Moon Children’s camp, two Moon Children at the entrance glared at her. Yesterday she had visited Luna and had gotten a cross-examination from them, a full body check for concealed weapons, weapons confiscation and a check on her honest intentions by the Moon Children who knew instinctively if other people were telling the truth or not.

                “You again?” demanded one of the Moon Children.

                “Yeah,” Kayla said, forcing herself not to look hostile and unfriendly. “I am Kayla, daughter of Darnel and Lily, Magician of Earth, immortal-”

                “Yeah, yeah, we know,” the second Moon Child said, rolling his eyes. “You want to see the Meteorite.”

                “I think you mean the queen,” Kayla said sharply.

                “Hah, the queen,” scoffed the first Moon Child. “She’s more of a child than a queen. My daughter is older than her! And she’s not the queen yet; she’s just been elected. It’s tradition for Meteors to become our rulers. That’s the only reason that she’s even being considered for the post!”

                “Guard that tongue of yours,” Kayla snapped. “Luna’s a good person and she does the best that she does, given the circumstances. She knows more about anything than you ever would!”

                “You didn’t call her the queen,” retorted the second Moon Child. “What gives you the right to call her ‘Luna’ and not us?”

                “She’s my friend,” Kayla snarled. “Besides, you don’t understand anything about her or the magicians! Luna’s trying to save your sorry lives and ours too!”

                “I warn you to keep a civil tongue if you want to get into our camp,” the first Moon Child snapped. “If you don’t, we can throw you out faster than you say ‘unfair’.”

                Kayla gritted her teeth but held her tongue. She needed to get into the camp to talk to Luna, even if it meant that she had to bend over backwards in order to do it. Every day, Luna got information about the future and Kayla needed to know whether their situation would improve; they had lost a lot of magicians in the Battle for Avalon. Arulan would have gone to her, but all conversations between Arulan and Luna were recorded most carefully; they were worried about his heritage, considering he was Varmer’s first-born son. They didn’t trust Kayla much either, especially since ignorance was her only defence since she had previously been on Varmer’s side in the war, but she was the compromise; Arulan preferred trusting her to get information from Luna, especially since Luna could not tell Troy or Dahlia some of the information and nor did she trust some of the other magicians at the Elemental Academy.

                “I believe you owe us an apology,” the first Moon Child continued snootily.

                Kayla shot him a filthy look. She almost never apologized, nor did she tend to admit fault in anything. She never said ‘please’ either, not just because she considered politeness to be a mask for an order, but because it reminded her of begging, which was another thing she doubted she would ever do, whether forced or not.