Chapter 14

So here's the next chapter! :D I hope you guys like it. :) Please vote and comment for it! :D I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please vote and comment to identify yourselves to me. :D Picture of Troy and Dahlia on the side. :) 

Chapter 14

                Sapphire swore viciously in a way that made Kayla wish that she could wash out her mouth with soap. Dahlia’s eyes widened in surprise and Troy’s mouth dropped open; neither of them had heard Sapphire swear before, much less with as much venom as she just had.

                “Get out of the way,” Sapphire snapped at the magician in front of her, trying to make her way through the crowd.

                But all the trainees resisted; all of them wanted to enjoy the fight. Even though they were magicians, they were also mostly teenagers and like normal human teenagers, they thrived on the drama for it took them away from all the deaths during the Battle for Avalon.

                Sapphire cursed again as the magician in front of her blocked her path to the two guys. Her lips disappeared into a straight line and her eyebrows furrowed together in the centre of her forehead, creating a wrinkle. Kayla wondered if she was going to start punching spectators to get through the crowd.

                Dahlia grabbed Sapphire’s arm. “Let me do it,” she urged. “Just follow behind me.”

                Before Sapphire could do anything, Dahlia spoke quietly to the guy in front of her who moved out of the way without complaining. The entire crowd parted for her as she charmed them; all Sapphire, Kayla and the others had to do was follow her.

                When they neared the front, Kayla caught sight of Tamarak and Romulus. As she watched, Tamarak slammed his fist into Romulus’s jaw with enough all of his strength. The latter grimaced in pain but swung his arm back to retaliate. Both boys were good fighters; they would probably injure themselves quite badly.

                “Don’t!” Sapphire shouted, trying to stop Romulus from hitting Tamarak.

                Unfortunately, Sapphire was still trapped behind Dahlia, unable to get between them to prevent Romulus from retaliating. Dahlia sprang forward at Sapphire’s cry, jumping between the two guys, both of whom hadn’t expected her to appear out of thin air.

                “No!” Troy yelled, but his cry was too late.

                Romulus’s fist reached its landing destination: Dahlia’s jaw. She gasped in shock; her impromptu jump combined with Romulus’s blow caused her to lose her balance and fall to the floor. Tamarak caught her before she could injure herself on the stairs, but in his distraction, Romulus kicked him in the chest, upending him and spending him flying backwards.

                “Stop it!” Sapphire cried, launching herself between them, white with anger.

                “Come on, bro, walk away!” Remus urged, grabbing hold of his twin’s arm and tugging hard; he might as well have been pulling on a rock, given the attention that Romulus was giving to him.

                Tamarak got up, growling like an angry bull. His face was as dark as thunder and there was murder in his brown eyes.

                “He’s not worth it, Tam!” Kayla grunted as she and Cedric grabbed his arms. “You don’t have to fight him; Sapphire is your girlfriend not his! You’ve won.”