38. A Loved One in Agony

CHAPTER 38: A Loved One in Agony

Tomsk was a dead end and a dead lead. We were sitting in a hotel, one where Poppy was also a VIP. I loathed the fact I was sitting in luxury, after two months and three days, with nothing. I had failed in finding Poppy and I'd never felt so low of myself than I did right now. I couldn't tell if she was alive or...

I swallow the bile down in my dry throat, there was no way of telling me of how harmed she was, if she was tired, hungry, being starved, I wanted to know these things, I was losing my mind in not knowing these things as I hold my hand over my forehead. My jeans and shirt were clean, everything but my own self looked clean, I knew I looked like a wreck because I bloody well felt like it when I feel someone else take a seat on the end of the bed next to me.

"If you keep weeping like a given up brat, I'll have to administer you to the nearest hospital." Stevens.

I keep my eyes closed, "If you're going to just insult me, then just go away, Stevens." I mutter to him, bitterly and exhausted, not feeling her presence was draining the life out of me, literally.

The others were asleep because it was past midnight but, this was yet another night I couldn't sleep and the most I could get down my throat was water, I could almost feel myself getting thinner by the minute but I still had muscle to beat the crap out of whoever took Poppy from me, from all of us.

"This isn't an insult, it's a wake-up call. She's alive, I've taught her everything she needs to know to stay alive. You're giving me a headache, would you just get some rest?" He spits, I look up at him and he pauses at the look of my eyes, I had been crying, I'm not even bothering to swallow it up now.

"You are not helping." I grunt out, taking another gulp of water.

I stare forward into the carpet, "I approve...of your relationship with her." He says out of gritted teeth, I don't answer him, withering away as I find my eyes blur from the sting of the hot red salt seeping from each tear I shed. A slow, painful process. It's ten minutes when I don't bother answering him.

He sighs in defeat, "I didn't realise how much she may have meant to you." He says.

Where is she, Damnit?
Why were there no sitings?
Why was there absolutely no cameras to scan where she is or where she went?
Why isn't my girl home and safe?
Why isn't she in my arms?

We have all the technology in this room and yet we still can't find anything, not one fucking lead left.

We're in Magadan. We still have yet to look tomorrow, but these were just individual, singular scans of someone snapshotting a potential picture of the one we were after, and no one had seen anything in the last three days.

BANG!

The front door slams open and the next words that rip out of Dion's mouth, brings my tethered form to a stand, "We've found her." I run before Stevens could and knock Dion's to the side as I shove myself into the room where Jenkins stands with an earpiece on.