37. Gone Is The Denied Day She Stole My Life Away

| P

| P.S. I did cry writing this chapter, so seriously, be warned right now, I was wiping my eyes writing this. | -let me know what you all think!

CHAPTER 37: Gone Is The Denied Day She Stole My Life Away

The crushing weight of her absence scars a burn so deep into my lungs, I fear moving will force me into a comatose state. I vomited three times in the last two weeks of being left in the dark. I've never felt so pitifully useless as I do now. Jenkins hadn't returned and whenever we hoped the guards would jitter and lose concentration, in hopes of wanting to get out there and physically find her, it never happened.

They were immovable and alert at all times, all because the disappearance of my girl brought the heaviness upon everyone here. Ivan hadn't spoken much, neither had I while it was Andrew who tried stay positive and being the only other hacker in the group, who looked over news reports, which is how we got the video.

It was how I watched my bloodied and wounded girl be pulled out of the shattered SUV by a bunch of masked thugs. The girls wouldn't stop whimpering in their sleep the night we saw that fucking video. That was four nights ago, four nights and days of no sleep, anything I attempted to stomach forced my head into the toilet bowl as I ripped my guts out.

Yesterday, I passed out on the tiled floor after my sickness grew so harshly, I was upchucking blood. Now, I'm tied to an IV drip, mainly to actually keep me awake and breathing.

Andrew slams his laptop lid closed, "I can't fucking find a trace on the motherfucker who did this. We don't have any leads, Maximus. I'm trying. You can see that I'm trying. We have no face recognition, no leads, no fucking fingerprints or evidence!" He paces before the couch seat I'm sitting on, I hadn't shaved yet. I was beginning to grow a beard, I was letting myself go.

I've never felt so low in my life.

I don't answer him as I hold a pen in my trembling hand, a mass of messy handwriting in front of me, a mind map during our discussions. Ivan sits next to me, taking a look at the page.

I close my eyes, "Check the date of prom, what happened...that week she was missing? It could be the same group." I whisper the last part, in theory.

"I'll have a second look, but I checked that. I would have been able to find something if she hadn't added another set of firewalls and denial systems in her navigational system." He promises with a long sigh, stepping back into his seat.

I click the pen closed, swallowing saliva down my dry throat as I cup my hands over my mouth, Ivan slams the piece of paper back on the table, Carter gives him a stern look to calm down as he leans back on his seat and looks down at another set of places that might be possible. They were useless hunches that none of us were sure about.