15. A Light That Moved Me In My Darkness Of Despair

CHAPTER 15: A Light That Moved Me In My Darkness Of Despair

"Maximus, pay close attention. You'll be directing this position in a couple years anyway and I need you to concentrate." He says before me, wearing his expensive tuxedo in front of the board he'd allocated only a month in advance to once again, demanding a meeting with one of the highest coordinators of a Computer manufacturing company worth billions of dollars across the world. William Myers, stands with his expensively well-cut beard that honestly just makes him look more pathetic than I'd already thought.

I sit next to him, as he stands with a long stalk in his hand as he points to the screen behind him, like an old-fashioned teacher with a potential punishment type of weapon, and ready.

"I'm not happy with our financial reports at the current moment, we're working at a slow, steady pace. The company is not increasing in any production costs, profits or sales but, only in expenses. What is the meaning of this never-ending recession and why have I not been consoled on the matter?" He demands, harshly.

I glance at many of the men in the room, they glance to me, expressions in which I find surprising when they lead me to believe it is I, who should be running this common company and not the arrogant, condescending bastard next to me.

Rodrick stands at the back, arms folded as he faces my Father, "Those reports are only subjected to you, Mr Myers. We do not have the liberty to see how your company is faring and the meeting you oh-so-desperately-desire with the Parker's Manufacturing Computers and Designs Agency is not an option. No company, organisation or CEO has ever had the privilege of meeting the CEO of that prestigious enterprise and it is near impossible to get one-" he's fiercely interrupted by my father's sheer incompetence.

"Sit. Down. Now. I don't want to hear excuses, get me that bloody interview or I will force you out of the company whether you like it or not and get that report sorted, you now have access." My father encloses the meeting with the slam of the palm of his hand on the desk as he bites.

"You're all dismissed."

It was a four hour meeting at nine in the morning and I was officially late for school and was going to miss out on lunch with Poppy. I was pissed as hell because he dragged me to the most pathetic, useless waste-of-my-time meeting and I didn't even speak to him when my guard walks behind me as I re-button my suit jacket.

I didn't give a damn if my Father was calling me to come back upstairs and discuss further in regards to the meeting, I was hauling my behind out of there, as fast as humanly possible. Using my Lykan, I make it back to the school in the last fifteen minutes of lunch break and when I jog towards the entrance, I smile to myself at the thought of Poppy sitting there, after not hearing one word from her in the past six days. I'd prepared myself to see her.

I was all tingly and ready to detonate into a bunch of swarming red butterflies at the thought of seeing her again. Just when I was opening the cafeteria entrance and readying myself to see the beautiful sight of her, I find I'm walking up to another table with no light blonde in my mists and I grunt, "She's still not here."