25. Jitters Of Newly Wedded Love

CHAPTER 25: Jitters Of Newly Wedded Love

"For goodness sake, what is going on with you?!" The jittering in my knee was obviously grating on Ivan's stability to keep his own emotions in check as every now and then, I turn back in my seat to see Poppy's asleep. A cute furrow in her eyebrows dazed me every time I turned back to look at her. I sigh, shoving my fingers through my hair and leaning back.

"We were so close, Ivan. She blushed." I tell him, quietly. All I receive is silence. Cold-dead silence and when I turn to look at the reason why he had suddenly shut his gob, he was staring distantly into the back of the seat in front of him. I notice the clenching of his jaw though, he runs his hand from his hair to his chin.

"What do you mean, 'she blushed'?" He asks, I furrow my own eyebrows when I catch the hidden distaste in his tone, he snaps this bulging eyes to me now and I sit up straight, almost on the defence.

"I used a specific endearment on her and she reacted, almost shyly at first, which is so contradictory to her usual character-" I say, a hidden smile in the upper twitch of my lips in memory, he cuts me off though.

"What?...what did you say to her?" I sigh when he says this, almost blandly, not cold nor disinterested, just wary.

"I called her 'Honey'." I whisper and he snorts, almost darkly and I turn to him with a snap now. Getting sick of the secretive attitude every time I talk about my love life, which is a fact, many men will discuss their loved ones, perhaps to even keep up conversation, but surprisingly, Ivan has never talked about wanting to be in a relationship. Don't get me wrong, it's obvious he's into girls, he's almost similar to how I was, before Poppy changed us all, I know she's changed Ivan.

I just didn't know how much.

"What's the problem?" I ask him, getting straight to the point.

"It's obvious she reciprocates part of what you feel for her now. Carter's given her that endearment too, the others sometimes as well and she hasn't ever reacted to it. Most girl's like the nickname 'Princess' too, Poppy's never given two shits for the nickname I give her. You call her 'honey' and she finally blushes in your presence, what do you think it means, Dude? It doesn't take a palaeontologist to figure this one out." I raise an a eyebrow at his analogy, but, just hearing the fact Poppy showed me a small window into what she may feel...it really did something to me.

"First, study of fossils, really? And, shit, Carter called her the same nickname at the lake house." I sit up, only now remembering before Ivan scoffs next to me and surprisingly stands as he gestures me to move. I don't, just glaring at him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I whisper-growl, shaking my head at him in a deadly sequence. He surprises me when he jumps over me, smirking as he says,

"Move over, lover-boy and straighten up your jacket." He scolds me, flipping me off before walking down the isle towards Poppy as I mentally imagine him exploding in his spot as my eyes widen, slipping a mint from my pocket, I throw it into my mouth before I hear arguing in the quiet atmosphere and I slouch knowingly.