08. I Got Caught In The She-Devil's Web

CHAPTER 8: I Got Caught In The She-Devil's Web

I was damned and it was as simple as that.

The world was the ticking clock and time was running but, I was slowing down. I'd been waiting forever for her and now with the droplets darkening her lightened strands, hands not once trembling from the cold and her face alit with excitement.

The only thing I could do was stop and watch, the rain was a smoothing background noise and Poppy was the air I needed to breathe once again, her cold aura surrounded my contrasting one with bizarrely beautiful warmth. I was writhing in anticipation for what might happen next.

"POPPY!" I attempt to shout over the thunderous storm that Poppy is capable of ignoring and I'm taken aback when she turns a dazzling smile to me, in my direction nd this smile reaches her eyes.

Her smile is directed to me.

I struggled to straighten in my fully relaxed form. Her metallic green emeralds flash to my unusually brighten eyes, those eyes were akin to an unworldly beauty, it stole my breath away.

I was frozen, shocked, utterly astonished and as if waking up from a thousand-year old coma bed with only Poppy to awake me, she screams clearly, "Oh my Lord, you have no idea how many times I've dreamed of this car!"

Does it really look more prominent when the rain graces its presence upon the surface of my Lykan? I slowly open the door, motioning her to get in and when she does, I close it softly, before dashing to my own. Trying to slow my pulse with the knowing that Poppy is currently in my car.

Here I thought I'd be doomed for the rest of my life. My father's blood running through my veins didn't help, I was a celebrity where woman would want to date me but, only for the money. Poppy...she doesn't seem to want that at all.

"Don't worry, just take your shoes and socks off, there's a towel on the shared seat." I yell over the storm, Amherst merely nods to the strange demand, though, I'd always kept clothes in my car. A random safety net for times of sleepovers or leaving the family house every once in a while.

The second I'm in and slamming the door closed, I glance over at Poppy who takes in the colours and smooth leather around. I just can't get enough of the sight of her, sitting next to me in my car. My abdomen clenches at the though when I see her giggle at the probably drowned rat image I sport.

I notice her pale legs a second from when my wet trousers touch her skin and a sudden chill scorches the spot like I'm an electric haywire. Getting rid of the umbrella, I slide it to the back, not at all bothered considered I'm breathing at an alarming rate as the corner of my eye devours the sight of Poppy next to me. Wet and all the more beautiful.

"Unfortunately, I don't have anymore towels." I inform her with a small shrug, hoping not to diver my eyes back to her legs, shit, they look smooth.