26. Seized In The Fall, Kiss Forevermore

CHAPTER 26: Seized In The Fall, Kiss Forevermore

She was like a movie, it's how I could best describe her in this moment. I was not just momentarily stunned but, I was struck out of reality and put into this action-romance where I was looking at my main protagonist and I was carved into my spot by the realisation of this woman. She was a fantasy that could wreck most men but, she was giving me this look. Annoyance was the basis of it but, struck between the blaring light of the sun amongst the current storm, she was almost impossible to see without the need of eclipsing oneself from her starlight.

Giggles grazed my background noise as my starlight pinches the bridge of her nose and then practically throws herself and I over a cliff into heaven, I'd have asked her 'why?' But, she was too busy kissing the stolen question from me.

"Would you like to go on a date, just us for dinner, when we get back, Maximus?" I almost didn't understand at first, before dropping back down to the surface, her blonde strands flew with the never-ending wind and her eyes a storm of the forest behind her. I couldn't think at the moment Poppy Parker...asked me out.

She made it seem so damn simple that my mind is catastrophically tormented, I just couldn't think at the moment I've been waiting for and instead of me, asking her out on a date, it's her who asks me. She was never dense, I'm pissed that I didn't recognise this before because I knew, damnit, I knew she saw my hints but, she waited. Waited for us to get closer, to know each other better and flashbacks of our beginning, of our arguments that would turn into laughable teases, memorable moments was probably every moment with this girl but, right now, she took my heart into her hands and like a candle to a cake, she blew me away to the stars.

"See, I don't need to go on a long cruise, to be asked out. Though, I must say, I'm a little disappointed in the both of you, for thinking I'd have to smoothly be pulled into the idea of dating. Ivan, you'd be good in the advice for girlfriend and boyfriend department, if I were gullible and boy-crazed. Learn the clients' nature before playing Cupid." I didn't notice Ivan had physically tripped over one of the strings of his tent, onto their dry mat they splayed out at the entrance. Hang on a minute...

Did she just call Ivan, Cupid?

I think I'm hallucinating some delusional bullshit...I must be too dehydrated to think right now because, Ivan's stuck himself in a coughing fit as I stare at Poppy with...such astonishment, such wickedness from her was almost unreal but, SHE ASKED ME OUT!

No one knows how long I've waited for this, wanted this and here she was, standing in the middle of winter's finest, crushing under her seas.

"What was his advice?" Diana. That bitch.

Poppy scoffs, crossing her arms, "Cruise in on the idea of dating, Myers here is allowed to hug me if I want him to and in terms of kissing, it's all about the perfect moment, when I'm ready is what I got from it. Listen Myers, being direct will get you a long way with me, and don't see me as blind, but one to think strategically. Work harder, and you'll earn a greater award, Darling." Diana walks past me, fist-bumping Poppy as the rest move past us and they all step into their tents. I'm frozen in my shock, for ten seconds when I turn my scowl to Ivan, who holds his hands up in surrender and his face in a wince.