19. A Regret In Thinking Time...Was Expendable

CHAPTER 19: A Regret In Thinking Time

CHAPTER 19: A Regret In Thinking Time...Was Expendable

There wasn't a single lead, a fingerprint...a trace of how I'd lost it. There was no motives, none that I knew of, anyway. No eye-witnesses but my very own self. I experienced it, of course. How would one think I was able to lose something so tangled inside me? But, No, it's truly gone. My heart crawled it's way from my chest, leaped over to her plate and smiled with bloody teeth up at its owner.

It was still my heart, it was just...handing itself over to Poppy, like always. It greeted her like a puppy, overjoyed and in dire need for love and affection, to be touched by her physical hands, lord, I would have loved that.

I watched her like a marble enthusiast would for their inspiration of artistic sculpture designing. If I had the capability to mould marble with my own hands, I would do it in a London minute if it meant getting the sculpture to look exactly like her.

She sits in front of me, in this kind of pose that has me stuck in her eyes...her narrowed eyes. They challenge me with fierce concentration, as she holds an innocent cup of juice in her hand. The delicacy, the sharp wonders of her visionary figure is so very poised and proper but, like watching the sunset, I could only ever wish she were here all the damn time. She probably hadn't a clue what was about to happen but, I undoubtedly wanted to watch her expression change into something that might give me a little bit of an answer.

It might help me in knowing...if she truly has feelings for me or if I'm making up the wildest utopian scheme in my ridiculed mind...I just don't think I could imagine her.

It almost seemed too impossible to imagine someone so unpredictable, I'm out of her league and she probably knows that. She's a successor in everything she does.

Well, all except seeing me.

I knew she was waiting for me to speak, she set the challenge in the windows to her soul, I can feel the ridges of mine darken in alight. I felt powerful and I rarely do when she's with me, when she's that close, everyone knows she's the one in power.

I don't think she actually knows that though, given she hasn't identified how strongly I feel for her.

When she sighs once more, straying her eyes away from me, I clench a fist at the loss, she'd directed her attention away so quickly and would barely give me a second of her time. It was growing harder and harder everyday not to outright just ask her if she'd like to give me a chance because holding out everything for her, just to see if she'd look at me differently from looking at someone like...Diana.

I watch as Ivan vaguely passes them my invitations with a smug look when they furrow in confusion, opening the slips, but, Poppy. I watch her closely, like studying my very own project and I can't ever seem to find what I'm looking for. It's always when her unpredictable traits come about and I'm stuck clueless in ravishing winds of white lemongrass and ginger, at the current moment.