20. The Feather Light Touch Of My Frosting Ember

CHAPTER 20: The Feather Light Touch Of My Frosting Ember

BANG!

My two thousand dollar phone was close to becoming a pile of electronic ashes on my bedroom floorboards as my annoyance clouds my vision discretely but, my emotions run wildly with the stormy weather outside. I sigh as I glance at her eyes on my laptop screen. I had sneaked a photo of her at school, it was when I'd offered her a ride to the mall and it was raining. She looked like an actress out of some sort of sci-fi movie. Her golden hair was messily curled down her uniform but, I got her smiling and I couldn't let it pass.

The next photo was of her in her red jumpsuit, I snapped one of her while she was standing before the sliding window, watching that older gentleman of hers leave but, I couldn't pass up the opportunity of taking on gorgeous photograph of her. She always looked so proper and so poised in photographs, I had quite a few different photos of her actually.

I stare back at the four lonely walls of my packed room, my clothes were piling out of their drawers in tangled groups, paperwork was trashed down, alongside my bed, trailing closer to me.

I was as much of a mental mess as my room.

I mess up my hair easily, feeling it's small growth as more stress piles up on my already enormous plate and knowing there's no one else in the house, I scream.

I fucking scream to my hearts content and that one name that leaves my lips has me sighing at the inevitable.

I wanted Poppy at this very moment and even though, I want her all the time, now was more than most. Her mere presence in my room could have calmed me down. I swipe the screen from the table and quickly click on her number, I'd saved on speed dial.

I pace vehemently around the messy room, kicking off my clothes when my feet got tangled in my underwear, that I didn't even know if it was clean or dirty. Her number goes straight to voicemail and I hang up, she's not with her phone currently, which is more than just a little odd.

Growling, I strut towards the bathroom, shoving off my clothes and slamming the door closed as I put the heat on high and the water slams into my face. I seethe at its coldness, at first, before my temperature kicks in and I stare at my reflection, open mouth and breathing slow, every time zi think of her, my mind grows blurry.

I faze in and out of what I'm trying to focus on at the moment and right now, it was exams. I knew I needed to study. I knew English literature required my attention but for fucks sake, all I could think about was her. She was on my mind daily, even secondly, she was constant and she could easily have helped me study in this situation, even if she came, I may be distracted but, her snappiness was just the kind of motivation I needed.

I needed to fucking relax.

Nah, I needed some Poppy.

Almost slipping out of the shower, I dash to my phone in the other room, checking the screen to see just one missed call from 'Honey'. I laugh, holy crap, she called. Ooh, she called me, while I was pondering my existence in the shower. I slam the phone to my wet ear, calling her again.