-Chapter 28- ✔️

-Chapter 28-

"You know, I never thought we would have a last kiss. I always thought that we would die together in each other's arms, then meet up in heaven and be together forever, but I was wrong." I said, trying to keep my voice strong.

Bradley and I haven't seen each other for two months, but now I am standing in his flat because he wanted to 'talk'.

"I did too, Cora, and it could still be that way if you wanted it to be. We could put this terrible thing behind us and move on." Bradley said, his voice holding hope.

"I wish we could, but we can't. This... We just can't forget this. This will always be in the back of our minds and I don't think that I could ever forget this. If it had happened, it would have been so amazing, but it can't happen because this is gone." I sodded, tears rolling down my face.

"Why are you crying?" Bradley asked, taking a step closer to me and wrapping his loving arms around my shaking body.

"I never imagined that we'd end like this." I confessed in tears.

"I didn't either, but it looks like we have, and I think it might be better if after this, we don't see each other again, Cora. It just hurts too much knowing that you are in my arms, but I will never be able to hold you again, to kiss you again... It hurts to know that I will never be yours again, and that you will never be mine." He confessed, tears now running down his firm face.

"I loved you so much."

"I love you so much, and that's the issue because I am still madly in love with you, but you loved me, past tense. I understand that after what happened you may not love me anymore, but if I could, Cora, I would take it all back in a second. I would give everything I have-- even my soul-- if I could just go back and make it right."

"But you can't."

"No, I can't. But that doesn't mean that I won't spend the rest of my life wishing that I could."

"The worse part about all of this is that you've been my king since we were sixteen." I laughed sadly, pulling away from his arms and wrapping mine around my waist, trying to convince myself that they were his.

"Yeah, I thought we would always be together. I never wanted to leave your side, Cora."

"The circle will never end." I added, to make him feel better, but I know that I just made it worse by saying that. The circle will never end was always our saying.

"We'll see each other again Cora. This isn't the end of us. I will always find you, even if I have to wait a whole lifetime." Bradley said, leaving me speechless.

"I think I should go, but just know that you were my first, Bradley, and I always wanted you to be my last, but now I guess you are always going to be the name forever on my lips." I said sadly, as I back away from him.

"Just know that I will always love you, Cora, and we will always be together in my heart, and if you ever need any help with anything, I will always be the first one you can turn to. I don't care if I'm in Australia, I will fly straight back to be with you." Bradley continued.

I put on my coat.

"It looks like the circle has ended." I choked.

"I am here until the end, Cora. We will always be together." Bradley called out after me.

I took off the silver ring with a small pearl in the centre of my finger and placed it on his coffee table.

"Goodbye, Bradley." I whispered, my hand on the door handle.

"Goodbye, Cora." He said, and with that I escaped from the toxic house, from the relationship that I always thought would make me the most happy, and from everything I ever knew.

---

I jerked awake. I moved my hand and tried to turn my lamp on, but that's when I realised that I wasn't in my bed.

I panicked, but then remembered that Niall had made me stay the night because he didn't want me to drive home in the dark.

He was asleep next to me, but the room felt cold. I got up and covered my naked body with one of his t-shirts. I crept down the stairs which lead straight into the living room. There I curled up in a ball on the sofa and pulled a blanket over me.

I don't know how long I sat curled up in a ball staring off into space, but the sound of footsteps on the stairs broke me out of my trance.

Niall's arms engulfed me and pulled my body onto his lap. I cuddled close to him and closed my eyes.

I kept them closed, trying to keep my tears from spilling out.

It wasn't until I felt Niall's hand on my face that I opened them.

"Cora?" He asked softly.

I couldn't help it, so I let out a sob.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't cry, I'm here." He whispered, wrapping his arms around me.

I tried to swallow my sobs, but couldn't so I burrowed my face into Niall's arms.

"Bad dream?" He asked, and I nodded. "About Bradley?" He guessed, and I nodded again.

I felt him let out a breath, before stroking my knotted hair.

"I... I..." I tried to speak, but I couldn't.

"It's okay, sometimes crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can't explain how broken your heart is." Nialler's soft voice soothed me.

I tried to stop, but instead, I just cried my eyes out all over Niall's bare chest.

"Crying doesn't mean you're weak, it just means you've been strong for too long." Niall's voice whispered, but his words broke my heart. Here I was crying about another man on his lap. How selfish could I be? But I couldn't stop.

-:-:-:-:-

Sad chapter :( 

Niara moments make me smile xD I hope you liked this chapter.

Qu: What is your favourite song(s) from the 3rd Album Midnight Memories?

An: Mine are Best Song Ever, You & I, Little White Lies, Little Black Dress and Story of My Life. Oh! And Happily.

Love you guys,

-LP

OP: 21Jan15