-Chapter 9- ✔️

Chapter 9

I woke up that morning at 8 am. I was supposed to go to work at 10, so I had an hour or two to get ready.

I started off my morning​ ​by eating a bowl of Heinz spaghetti hoops in front of the telly. Then I did my normal morning ritual, then I brushed my teeth, had a shower, dried my hair and did all of that sort of stuff.

Last night, after spending the evening with Niall, I had returned home with great reluctance.

By half past ten, I was dressed in smart casual clothes.

I locked up and took the lift down instead of the stairs. I stopped before walking outside as I need to put my big sunglasses on. Once they we secured and my hat was on my head, I walked outside and for the first time since living here, I walked around the building and into the car park. I grinned as I saw my white Skoda Yeti proudly parked in my reserved parking space.

I opened the door to the driver's side and for the first time, I started the engine and pushed my foot down on the pedal.

It wasn't until I nearly hit another car that I realised driving in heels probably wasn't the best thing for me to do, so I quickly slipped them off my feet, before I accidentally killed someone.

Apart from my near accident at the start, my drive had been easy and stress free. Once it was parked in the space reserved for me, I walked the few hundred meters to the two storey house that served as an office for my UK team.

I had been procrastinating coming here for quite a while now: I knew as soon as I stepped foot inside, I would be bombarded with questions about this 'Niara' thing​ ​and not only that, but questions about my new album, interviews I wanted to do, sponsor, etc... Anyhow, all that to say, I wasn't really looking forward to coming here today, but I have too. I needed to get some stuff sorted out and have a talk with my team about upcoming up events.

"About time you showed your face around here." Gracie grinned as soon as she saw me, which was almost straight away since her desk was in the first room of the office.

I groaned and sat down on the chair in front of her desk. "What can I say? I've been so busy." I justified half joking.

"My arse. All you've been doing​ ​is writing a couple of lyrics on a piece of paper, but anyway... I've got some good news." Gracie smirked cheekily.

"What?" I asked, getting excited.

"Well... The head of One Direction's team called me.​​They told me that they are going to be busy this next week with their movie and coming up with video ideas,​ so they will not be able to meet up for writing. ​​So, I have talked with your record and they said that you could take a week off and go back home, but-" Gracie started, but I cut her off by getting up and screaming.

"Oh my god, really? Thank you so much, Gracie! You are the best manger I could ever ask for, I love you so much." I squealed in delight.

"But." Gracie raised her voice, causing me to stop my beaming.

"But what?" I asked, moving around in my seat.

"But, you have to come up with a song. The record is getting a bit impatient with you. They know that you have two songs coming, but we have no idea how long they will be so they want a song by the end of the week​, or there will be consequences." Gracie explained but also threatened.

I felt my shoulders drop, but I tried to look on the bright side. I get to go home, something I haven't done in a while.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure I can do that. ​I have a week​ ​and I'm always really inspired when I'm home." I reassured Gracie. If management says there are going to be consequences, it normally means for the both of us, so I really can't let her down this time.