-Chapter 41-

-Chapter 41-

Niall's POV:

Before the show:

Only two hours to go until it was time for us to preform. I, along with the other lads, was so excited to be back on the show. This show means everything to us, to me.

I was currently in the 'common area' and was waiting for us to be told to do something. Harry and Louis were talking to Only The Young, Zayn was chatting to Simon, and Liam was talking to Lauren Platt, one of this years contestants. I had distanced myself because I had a slight headache and I wanted to be the best I could possibly be during the performance.

I had my phone on and was scrolling though my twitter feed when a text from Barbara came through.

Barbara: Can we meet up? Like now?

I sighed. I don't know what she wants, but I can't deal with her drama at the moment. Since I cannot bare to be rude to her, after all she doesn't know about Cora and I, and she doesn't know that it's her fault we can't be together, I replied.

Me: Now? Im at the xfactor show.

Seconds later I got an reply.

Barbara: Im in a pub a few blocks away... pls its important.

Sighing, I looked around the room. The boys were all engaged in conversations and nobody would mind if I slipped out for thirty minutes, tops.

Me: Whats it called?

Barbara sent me the name of the pub's details, and I got up, shoving my phone in my pocket. I grabbed my jacket from the back of my chair and swung it over my shoulders. I walked over to Zayn and placed a hand on his shoulder, a silent gesture asking him for his attention. He turned away from Simon and faced me.

"I'm heading outside. I need to phone my mum." I said, the lie passing through my lips without a problem.

"Is everything okay?" Zayn asked, looking at me with a concerned expression.

"I hope so... If anyone asks where I am, can you just tell them I went to the loo or something?" I asked.

"Sure." Zayn nodded, and I turned away. "Hey mate, if you need anything, I'm here for you." Zayn said, placing his hand on my shoulder in reassurance.

I nodded and forced a smile before heading out of the room. I stopped off at our dressing room to grab a beanie. I put it on my head, added my hood of my hoodie over the top, and headed out of the building. I used the hidden exit that had no fans surrounding it. I followed the GPS on my phone to the pub, thankfully it worked and I got there without being seen by any fans.

I opened the door, and walked inside. It wasn't empty, but it wasn't heaving. It didn't take me long to find Barbara who was sitting at a corner table in the back of the room. Keeping my head down, I made my way to her.

"Niall! I'm so glad you came." She gushed, standing up and wrapping her arms around me before I could protest.

I untangled her arms from me and stepped away from her embrace. "I haven't got long so could you get straight to the point?" I asked taking a seat on the hard wooden bench.

"Oh.. Okay." Barbara said, sitting down next to me, a bit too close for my comfort.

"I guess I won't beat around the bush then." She said in a shaky voice.

"That would be much appreciated." I smiled.

"Right..." She trailed off. Barbara took a deep breath before looking up at me. "Niall, I have something to tell you, but I'm begging you not to react until I'm completely done." She begged, and I nodded.