-Chapter 18- ✔️

-Chapter 18-

"I'm exhausted." Chloe sighed as we all collapsed back on to the sand after playing a competitive game of Frisbee. The day had gone by so quickly and I couldn't quite believe that the sun was already starting to set.

"I second that." Alex groaned.

Nobody made a move, so we all just laid there in the cold, wet sand trying to catch our breaths back, whilst gazing at the beautiful horizon.

"We should probably get back before it gets too dark." Michael sighed, but still didn't move.

"We probably should." I murmured.

I rolled onto my side so that I was facing Niall. He was laying on his back, gazing up at the sunset like the rest of us. His usually styled hair was a wet, tangled, and sandy mess on the top of his hair. Sand was stuck all over his body and he had a tired expression plastered on to his face, but to me he still looked amazing.

Is it possible that I actually have moved on from Bradley? Is it possible that Niall might actually mean more to me than I actually thought he did? No strings attached... but it's too late for that.

"You know, it's not polite to stare." Niall whispered, cutting me out of my daydream.

I blinked and a big blush spread across my face.

"Where are the others?" I asked, looking around and realising that my friends were no longer there.

"They've started bringing things back to the car. They talked to you a few times, but you didn't answer. I guess you were too caught up in your fantasies." Niall winked, sitting up.

Jesus, how long was I staring at him? I stood up and started brushing the dried sand off my body. Well, that was until till two arms snaked their way around my waist. Niall leant his head on top of my shoulder and I felt my body relax into his.

"Thanks, for today." He whispered.

"You're welcome." I smiled as I stared at the orange horizon.

"I felt normal." Niall added.

"What do you mean?" I questioned in a hushed voice.

"I actually forgot who I was, isn't that amazing? I actually forgot that I was famous and that I have millions of girls screaming my name, fainting when they see me, that I have a record deal, and that I'm in the world's biggest boy band." He declared.

"This place does that to you." I answered in a whisper.

I knew exactly how he felt, because I feel the same way. There's just something about this beach that makes you forget about your hectic life, and that makes you forget about all your problems. This is the only place I know where I can escape my mind.

After breaking up with Bradley, I came here by myself for the day and even though I had been crying for the past three days, this place just made me feel a little bit better.

"Doesn't it ever scare you just how fast the night changes?" Niall whispered, squeezing me tighter.

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it. Yesterday, you were in the hospital and I was in London. Now, we are in Wales, on a beach, with a bunch of your friends and tomorrow will be a different day. This amazing day I have just spent with you, will become a memory." Niall pointed out.

"Doesn't it scare you?" Niall asked after a while.

"Why should it? There is nothing to be afraid of because I know that it will never change you and me." I said, turning around in his arms to face him.