-Chapter 3- ✔️

-Chapter 3-

Niall's POV:

"'Cause nobody saves me, baby, the way you do." I finished the song. I opened my eyes and they found Cora's blue ones.

She smiled at me and turned her head away to face Harry, who was talking to her. It had been three days since the day we came up with Fireproof, and we had already finished recording it. The band and I had decided to not make this into our first single for our unnamed new album, but instead we are going to put it up for free downloading, as a way to say thanks to our amazing fans.

"Great work guys. I think that's it for today. So, you can all go back home and get some rest. You are needed first thing tomorrow morning for some kind of radio interview, if you want to know more ask Paul. I'm just the recording guy." Allan rolled his eyes and I cracked a smile.

I took off my headphones and stepped away from the microphone, walking out of the recording part of the room and joining the rest of the guys and Cora in the 'calm' bit of the room.

Cora and Louis were both laughing their heads off at something Harry had said... God, how beautiful she looked in mid-laughter. I wish I could freeze this moment in time and put it in a picture frame...

That sounded really cheesy.

I just cringed at myself.

"Stop staring." Liam's voice said right next to my ear. I jumped and turned around to face him.

"I'm not."

"You were."

"Was not." I said childishly.

"Was too."

"Was not."

"Was too! Admit it, Niall!" Liam grinned, knowing he had caught me.

"I wasn't staring, just looking." I sighed, running a hand through my hair nervously.

"In other words, you were staring." Liam rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I was staring. Now shut up about it." I sighed.

"When are you going to ask her out?"

"Ask who out?"

"Cora, for God's sake!" Liam all but shouted.

"Who said I wanted to ask her out?" I whispered so Cora, or anyone else, wouldn't hear our conversation.

The truth was I really wanted to text Cora, but every time I typed out a message I always refused to send it. Worse of all, I don't even know why.

"No need to lie Niall. I can tell you want to. Hell, I think everyone can apart from Cora herself." Liam sighed, leaning against the wall.

Once upon a time she might have, but now, well now, it might be too late and she might have already given up on me.

"I don't know mate... I haven't dated anyone in a while, and especially not someone who is so well known. I'm not very good at the whole 'dating' thing, and look at Cora. I mean, she's the Cora Russell international superstar and voted one of the most powerful female artists of the pop world. Why would she even want to go out on a date with me? I'm just... Me." I sighed.

"You are you. You are Niall Horan, member of One Direction, and an incredible guy that any girl would be lucky to have." Liam insisted.

"I guess... Do you think she would say yes?" I asked quietly crossing my fingers behind my back.

"Who would say yes?" Cora asked from behind me.

I spun around and turned to Liam for help.

He opened his mouth, but no words came out.