-Chapter 27- ✔️

-Chapter 27-

Forty-five minutes later, and I was only a few blocks away from Niall's house. During the entire car journey I was practicing what I was going to say to him in my head.

"What happened to no strings attached?" No, too harsh. Even though I feel like I can't do this, I don't want to rush into things that I will probably will regret later on anyway.

"This is just so darn complicated, and I really hate complicated." That he knows, and there would be no point in repeating it.

"I feel like I don't know anything about you." As much as I would like to blame everything on this, we have only been together for two weeks, so I can't exactly expect to know him as well as I know Bradley, can I?

There it was.

The simple truth had been staring me in the face, but I had chosen to ignore it. Whether or not I did that on purpose I don't know, but all that matters is that I have.

I was comparing everything Niall and I have to what Bradley and I had.

Even after this long, Bradley's and I's relationship is still haunting me.

Of course my relationship with Niall is nothing like what I had with Brad. I'm older now, more mature. I don't sneak out at night to meet up with him at the park, I don't have trouble concentrating in lessons because his hand is on my thigh. I don't get the thrill of him holding my hand as he dropped me off at my classroom. The only thing I do get with Niall are the secret kisses behind closed doors.

There it is again, it's been waving a red flag trying to get my attention, but only now its efforts have worked.

Everything in my relationship with Bradley was so open, so public, everyone knew everything about what we did, and of course that hasn't been happening with Niall... Somehow I managed to convince myself that Niall's and my relationship is just an illusion.

I parked my car a block away from Niall's house, and walked the rest of the way with my head bowed. It was darkish, and I was hoping that my face wasn't visible, just in case there were any paparazzi lurking around the place.

I finally arrived in front of Niall's house, and opened the iron gate that separated his front garden from the pavement. I ran up the concrete steps and knocked on the red door.

Seconds later, the door opened, revealing a worried looking Niall Horan.

He didn't say anything as he gestured for me to enter. I mentally sighed, I had him worried sick. As I walked past him, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

Niall shut the door, and before it had even closed properly, he had me up against it.

"Please don't break up with me, Cora. You are too important to me, and I know that things are hard at the moment, but I swear that they will get better. I promise, it's only been two weeks, it will get easier and it will get better." Niall begged, sending me the best puppy eyes I have ever seen.

His lips were so close to mine as he spoke, occasionally brushing against mine as he spoke, and sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm not going to break up with you, Niall." I concluded.

That was one thing I was sure I would never do; I would never break up with him.

"Really? Oh, thank God." He sighed, his Irish accent sending chills down my back.

"Really." I confirmed, nibbling my lip.

Niall smiled softly and pressed his forehead against mine. He took both of my hands in his and laced his fingers with mine.