-Chapter 1- ✔️

-Chapter 1-

"Like a skyscraper. Like a skyscraper." I closed my eyes and crouched down, which is a rather difficult task in heels.

"Like a skyscraper." I finished in a whisper, closing my eyes.

The roars and cheers enveloped me, and I felt a huge grin form on my lips. A crowd of over twenty thousand people chanting your name never gets old, especially in such an important and famous city.

I stood back up and brought the microphone to my lips again.

"Thank you, New York City." I yelled and the lights turned off, leaving the whole stadium in a consuming darkness.

I slipped my shoes off and walked off the stage, leaving the crowd chanting my name.

I was instantly handed a towel and a bottle of water as I arrived backstage. I wiped the sweat off my face and the back of my neck, before gulping down the entire bottle of water.

"You did great, Cora." My assistant, and close friend, Gracie said as I collapsed on the chair in my dressing room.

"Thanks, Grace. How long 'till I can go home?" I asked, exhausted. Which is understandable, considering I've just sung twenty-odd songs.

Two years ago, I would have never guessed that I would be finishing my first arena tour around the USA in New York City. I never knew how many fans I had over here, and I hope that this tour will attract even more.

"You can go home now. The doors will be shut for another few minutes, but if you wait too long, you'll have to stay here for the next two to three hours... Where are you going?!" Gracie called after me.

"Where do you think? I'm not waiting here any longer!" I laughed back at her and continued walking, grabbing a change of clothes and my bag.

It didn't occur to me at all that I had just finished my first major tour.

---

*Four days later*

"Wake up, Cora. You've got to get up; you have to be at Ed's in an hour!" Gracie said, shaking me violently.

"Go away." I yelled into the pillow, so Gracie probably heard "Woh awaz."

She laughed and walked over to the window, and opened the curtains. Which let the bright sunlight flood through and illuminate my bedroom, which is quite strange for it to be so sunny in the middle of September in London.

"Hurry up, your outfit is on the chair and your make-up team will be here any minute." And with that said, Gracie left the room, flicking her hair dark brown hair over her shoulder.

I huffed and thought about complaining, but decided against it.

I had arrived back from America two days ago, but since my body reacts badly to jet lag, I'm still really messed up.

After laying around and adjusting to the sunlight for a few minutes, I finally got up.

I grabbed a towel and my wash bag -- which I still hadn't unpacked-- and walked into my bathroom. I quickly checked the time --three pm if you're a nosy bugger-- before I peeled my stinky PJ's off and stepped into the already hot water.

After washing, scrubbing, shaving, and moisturizing every inch of my body, I was done.

Quickly, I towel dried my shoulder-length blonde hair -- since Katie, my hair stylist, will be here doing my hair-- and slipped my black robe on over my undergarments.