Anonymous (Part 1)

"How you keeping me so preoccupied? Got a strong hold on me."

Anonymous by Bobby Valentino feat. Timbaland

---

"Babe..." I called out to Mitch from inside the bedroom.

“Babeee!” I yelled when I didn’t get a response. Still nothing. I got out of bed, walked over to where he was and found him sprawled on the couch, laptop on his stomach, headphones on. I crossed my arms over my chest and just looked at him. It took a couple of seconds but he eventually noticed me.

“Yes?” He smiled sweetly as he removed the headphones.

“What are you doing? It’s late. Let’s go to bed, please.”

“Go ahead. Be there in 5 minutes,” he said, dismissing me.

I leaned down and looked at what he was doing on his laptop. “Tumblr. Again. Seriously, Mitch, get off that thing.” I tried to close the laptop.

“No, wait! But look at this! Look at what people are posting!”

“Are you going through the scomiche tag again?!”

“Uhm…” Mitch looked guilty as hell.

Even if it was late and I was sleepy, I have to admit I was curious. I walked around the couch and motioned for him to sit up before I sat down beside him. “This better be interesting.”

Mitch cuddled closer to me and put the laptop on each of our thighs. “I saw a lot of cat edits and at first I thought it was a Wyatt thing, but some of the tags said midge the neko and fanfiction. So I tried searching that tag and there were a number of posts that came up.”

It was in the way he said it that I knew there was more to the story. “And?”

He looked at me and a naughty smile spread across his lips. “I went as anon and started asking people about it.”

“You did not!” But I knew Mitch and I knew that he probably did. “What did you ask specifically?”

“There were a couple of people I asked what the fic was and then I asked some people for fanfic recommendations.”

This boy is crazy. “Did you get answers?”

“I did.”

Of course he did.  “And?”

“Most of them recommended that fic. Midge the Neko. Apparently it’s the hottest Scomiche fic out there.”

“Do I even want to know what a neko is?” Do I?

“Wikipedia said it’s Japanese for cat,” he said matter-of-factly.

A cat fic. “I’m guessing you’re the cat? And your name is Midge?” I asked, trying to wrap my head around it.

“Probably something like that. I haven’t read it.”

“Well, are you going to read it? You know how graphic the fics could be.”

“I’m not sure. Maybe? What if I was the fic was about Wyatt and me switching bodies like in Freaky Friday? Or like I was Wyatt’s brother. Or sister. That’s interesting.”

Oooh, that really is. But it was late and I was not in the mood to have more of my Mitchy time taken away from me. “Babe, it’s late. Check that out some other time.”

“But -” he tried to protest.

I quickly kissed him on the lips. It was the easiest way to shut him up and I also just really liked kissing him. “Bed. Now. That can wait. I can’t.”