Cheese

"Cheese... cheese... cheese... C-H-E-E-S-E... cheese... cheese... I am such a fool in love. I just cannot get enough."

Cheese by Tim Minchin

---

"Mitchy!"

"In here!" I yelled, the sound of my voice bouncing off the refrigerator walls. I then heard footsteps, and soon after noodly arms were snaking around my waist.

"Hi, babe," Scott whispered against my ears before gently planting a kiss on the side of my jaw.

My hand let go of the refrigerator door handle and came to rest on top of his. "Hey, babe." I attempted to turn around but was promptly stopped by the tightening of his arms.

"Don't move," he instructed.

So I didn't. Instead I let myself melt into his chest and angled my neck so that his chin rested on my shoulder.

"I missed you," he said softly.

I turned my head and attempted to face him. "What has gotten into you?"

"Nothing! Am I not allowed to miss you?" he asked, his lips forming a pout.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "You're being weird."

His pout transformed into an exaggerated frown. "You're killing the mood."

"I didn't realize there was a mood to be killed," I shot back.

He released a loud sigh and he started to loosen his hug.

"Wait!" I shrieked, gripping onto his arms. "Fine, fine. I kind of missed you, too."

"Just kind of?" he pretended to sound hurt.

"Okay. A lot," I admitted. "Even if I woke up next to you this morning and you called me twice after you left." I turned around to face him and rested my palms on his chest. "It's crazy how I miss you even if we're together all the time."

"That's because you love me," he teased, a smug smile on his face.

"I really, really do." My hands traveled to the back of his neck.

"I love you, too." He leaned down and captured my lips, kissing me sweetly.

"We're too cheesy." I declared when we pulled apart.

"We are."

"Like nauseating kind of cheesy."

"Maybe."

"If we produced actual cheese, we could rival a cow."

"Interesting thought but I agree."

"Ooohhh if we produced actual cheese we would have so much and we could sell it and be super rich!" I exclaimed.

He shook his head, a smile forming on the corner of his lips. "I did not expect where that went but yeah, sure."

"Or maybe we don't sell. We'd just have a lifetime supply of cheese."

"Are you done?"

"Yes. But now I want cheese."

"Same."

We stared at each other for a second before bursting into laughter.

"We're so weird."

"That's why we're perfect for each other," he said before planting a chaste kiss on my lips. "I brought home Thai. Let's eat?"