Love In This Club (Part 1)

"You're doing it on purpose, wind it and work it. If we close our eyes it could just be me and you."

Love In This Club by Usher

---

We've had a really long day and I was more than ready to drink, relax and unwind. I suggested we go home after the show, but Mitch insisted that we go clubbing.

"I can always go alone, you know," he said.

"So that you can freely flirt with the boys? No way," I replied.

"I don't want you going with me if you're going to be such a buzzkill," Mitch retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Fine. We're staying two hours tops and then home, okay?"

"Yeah, sure, two hours." He winked. Mitch reached for my hand. "Let's go! Momma needs a drink!" He dragged me to the car and excitedly sat on the passenger seat.

I shook my head and went behind the wheel. This is going to be a long night.

The rest were already in the club when we arrived. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed. We made our way to our table and I flopped down unceremoniously on the couch. If this was any other night I would've been down to party. But I had been feeling under the weather the past few days and the show earlier that night pretty much drained most of my energy.

Mitch, on the other hand, was like an energizer bunny. He was chatting animatedly with KT and his eyes were darting around the room from time to time. Where does he get all his energy?

"The usual?" Mitch shouted over the music.

"Yes, please." I closed my eyes and rested my head on the back of the couch. The DJ was playing EDM and I could feel the drumming in my ears.

Mitch was back after a couple of minutes with my strawberry martini. He sat down beside me and nursed his vodka tonic while dancing in place. Meanwhile, KT and Jeremy went to the dance floor and started dancing.

"Let's dance!" Mitch said, bouncing in his seat.

"I'll pass." I was starting to feel sleepy and was definitely not in the mood to dance.

"Kill joy," he shot back. "I'm gonna go get another drink. You want anything?"

"I'm good." I wasn't even halfway done with my drink.

Mitch got up and danced his way to the bar. He continued dancing with the drink in his hand as he made his way back to me. "I want to danceee!" he whined as he tried shaking me by the arm.

"Go ahead. I think I'll just stay here and drink," I encouraged him.

"Fine. Stay here, old man." Mitch made his way to the dance floor, drink in one hand, the other waving mindlessly in the air.

I slouched in my seat and continued sipping my drink. Mitch was a sight to see. He was bouncy, the same way he was every time we were performing on stage. He laughed and drank and danced so freely.

I must have dozed off for a while because the next time I saw Mitch, he was holding a different drink in his hand. He was now moving slower despite the fast beat of the music and he was swaying with his eyes closed.

I saw another man sneak up behind him and hold his slim waist. He was blonde and slightly taller than Mitch. Mitch spun around rather ungracefully, almost falling over. The man caught him and helped Mitch stand up. Despite the dim lights I saw the momentary look of confusion on Mitch's face when he didn't recognize the man holding him. But the look was gone in an instant, followed by a smirk as Mitch wrapped his hands behind the man's neck.