Valentine

“Cause in your company I feel happier, so happy and complete.”

Valentine by Kina Grannis

---

“...And If you’d let me, I would very much like to spend the rest of my life with you.”

He got down on one knee and pulled out a box. He didn’t have to open it for me to know what was inside. I could see that his hands were shaking, while mine were covering my mouth. I still couldn’t believe it was happening.

Scott opened the box and to reveal a beautiful white gold band. “Mitch, will you marry me?”

“Oh my god… oh my god…” A single tear escaped my eye. I was so overwhelmed. It didn’t feel real. My gaze shifted back and forth to the blue eyes that were full of nothing but love and adoration for me and to the beautiful piece in front of me. “Scott…”

“I love you, Mitch. So, so much. Please say -”

“YES!” I interrupted. “Yes, Scott, yes.”

He let out a deep breath before flashing me a wide smile. He pulled the ring from the box and gently slid it over my ring finger.

“Babe…” I whispered as I held my hand a little higher, looking at the band that was adorning my finger. My other hand was still over my mouth.

Scott grabbed my hands and placed a gentle kiss over the ring. Then he looked up and I saw that his eyes were shining with tears. Slowly he stood up, still not letting go of my hands. “Thank you for making me the happiest man alive, Mitch.”

“Babe…” I was at a loss for words. I wanted to say so many things but they were all caught in my throat, along with the sob that was trying to escape. So instead of saying anything, I pulled him close and wrapped my hands around him. I held on to him tight and allowed the tears I’ve been trying to fight for the past couple of minutes to fall.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he hugged me back.

I pulled back and lifted my chin to look at the man who has had my heart for the longest time and will continue to have it for as long as I lived. “Thank you. I -” My voice cracked as more tears fell. “I love you, Scott.”

He brought up one hand and brushed the tears away with his thumb. He smiled and then leaned down. I closed my eyes as his lips met mine. The kiss was soft and light, gentle and yet full of love. My hands traveled to the front of his chest before making their way to the back of his neck. I pulled him closer and deepened the kiss. Our tongues danced lazily inside each other’s mouths until we were out of breath.

We broke the kiss and I opened my eyes slowly. He took a deep breath before he placed his forehead against mine. The tips of our noses touched and I felt his warm breath on my lips.

“This feels unreal,” I whispered.

“It does,” he replied. “But it’s not.”

“We’re engaged.” The words felt so foreign to me.

He chuckled lightly. “Yes, babe, we are.”

I pulled my head back just enough for me to see his eyes again. “We’re engaged,” I whispered again. “You’re officially my fiance,” I said with a smile.

“And you’re officially my fiance,” he replied with a shy grin on his face.

“Oh my god,” I gasped. “We’re getting married!”

He laughed softly this time. “That’s usually what happens to people who get engaged, Mitchy.”

Everything that was happening was starting to dawn on me. “You’re going to be my husband!”

“And it would be my honor.”

I removed my hand from its place on the back of his neck and brought it between us. I looked at the ring again. It was really there. I wasn’t dreaming. “Pinch me,” I suddenly blurted.

“What?” he asked, confused.

“So I know this is not a dream.”

Scott shook his head. He took my hand and entwined his fingers in mine. Instead of a pinch, what I got were his lips. He placed feather-light kisses first on my forehead, then on each of my eyelids forcing me to shut them, to the tip of my nose, my chin, and finally back to where they should be.

"Mitchy, this is really happening," he murmured against my lips. "You said yes.” Kiss. “We're engaged.” Kiss. “You're my fiance.” Kiss. “We're getting married."

Hearing him say those words made my heart flutter and gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling all over. “We’re gonna grow old together.”

“Until your baby thin hair turns white,” he said. “Or you lose them, like Mike,” he said, giggling.

I gave him a pouty frown. “I hate you.”

“I love you.”

“We should celebrate,” I suggested, changing the topic.

A naughty smile tugged at the corner of his lips. “I have an idea.’

“I know that look.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

He placed his palm on the curve of my back and pulled my hips closer. “I can’t wait to get you home.”

“Is that so?” I raised an eyebrow at him but I was unable to suppress a smile.

“Can I make a request?”

“And what would that be?”

He leaned in and whispered against my ears. “I want you wearing nothing but the ring.”

---

A/N: I haven't written a fluffy story with no plot twist in a looong time so I thought today was a good day to try. It's short and there isn't much to it, but I hope you still enjoyed.

Happy Valentines Day, lovely angels. <3