I'm Not The Only One (Part 2)

A/N: THIS FOUR-PART ONE-SHOT NOW HAS ITS OWN BOOK, although the story has been edited and is no longer exactly the same.

---

"Your heart is unobtainable even though Lord knows you kept mine."

I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith

---

When I woke up, I was alone. Great. Just great. Why does he even sneak out and go back to his room? Ugh. I got out of bed and out of the room and found a half-naked Scott eating on the kitchen counter.

"Hey there, gorgeous. Good morning!" he greeted chirpily.

"Hey," I replied plainly. I stood on the opposite side of the counter and grabbed my Starbucks cup. My eyes darted to Scott's smiling lips and bare chest. Memories of the previous night flashed through my mind and instantly a wave of guilt washed over me. I tried to look away and gulped down the coffee, hoping I could also swallow the uneasy feeling down.

"Do you have plans for today?" Scott asked as he took a bite off his bagel.

"Yes." I put down the cup and held it with both hands, my eyes looking down.

Scott put his index finger on my chin and tilted my head up. "Are you mad?"

Yes. "No."

He went around the counter and stood behind me. He hugged me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder. "Babe," he whispered, "I just need a little more time."

I turned my head to face him. "How much more time?"

He softly kissed the wrinkle in between my eyebrows. "Soon, I promise."

I looked away and sighed. "Fine."

He hugged me tighter and kissed the back of my neck. "I'll be out whole day today. See you after dinner?"

"Yeah, sure."

Scott released me. He finished off his bagel and coffee before before heading back to his room.

I ate the rest of my breakfast in silence.

I had nothing specific planned for the day. I took a long, lazy shower before heading out after lunch. I wasn't in the mood for people so I decided to go to a bookstore. There was a book on music that seemed interesting enough. I bought it and went to a coffee shop. I spent the rest of my afternoon there, immersed in the book.

By the time I went home, it was dusk. I was expecting to come home to an empty apartment. However, as soon as I got to the front door, I heard laughing from the inside and my heart sank. He's here. I thought about leaving again but decided against it. I put my keys in the knob and silently entered.

"Oh, hi, Mitch!" greeted Alex with a huge grin on his face. He was seated on the couch, Scott beside him.

Scott turned around. His smile disappeared for a split second when he saw me but he quickly gave me a wide grin. "Hey, ba- bitch!"

I tried not to show alarm on my face. "Hey, boys." I smiled weakly before I started walking towards my room.

"Have you eaten dinner?" Alex asked.

"Uh, no. I'm not really hungry." I am.

"Why don't you join us? Pizza's on it's way. We're also watching a movie!"

"I'm good, I think I'll just stay in my room."

"Come on, it'd be fun. And we haven't hung out in a while," Alex said sweetly.