Crave

"I crave your touch, I crave your lips. I miss so much the excitement of your kiss."

Crave by Marc Dorsey  

---

The sunlight peeked through the curtains and gently kissed my eyes open. I raised one eyelid at a time, squinting, and stretched my arms and legs. I then felt the warm body that was hugging me, murmuring for me to go back to bed. 

"What time is it?" He whispered as he nuzzled his face in between my neck and shoulders and hugged me tighter. 

I reached for my phone on the bedside table and opened it. "7:30 AM."

"Mmmm... Too early. Saturday. Sleep in." He said as he inserted his hand under my shirt and hugged my bare stomach.

"Go back to sleep," I whispered. I stayed still until I heard him breathing softly again. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. There were so many thoughts swimming in my head.

I slowly turned around to face him, careful not to wake him up. I gazed at him and studied his features, appreciating the beauty sleeping before me. His blonde hair was sticking in a hundred different directions. It was a mess but a hot one at that. I smiled as I remembered the way I held on to it last night while he kissed me and all the way until he took me inside his mouth. He also had a stubble, about a day's growth or two. I loved how it made a great contrast to his smooth cheeks, and how it gently scratched my bare skin. My eyes then focused on his lips. His were a shade of pale pink, and they were soft as a baby's bottom. Oh, what those pair could do. I brought a hand up and brushed a finger over my bottom lip. It was still a little swollen from all the nibbling he did.

I blushed as more of last night's memories resurfaced. The way he kissed me, gently then hungrily. The way his tongue explored my mouth and the rest of my body. The way his palms cupped my face and touched my skin, leaving a trail of electric currents everywhere it passed. The way his hands settled on the curve of my back as he pushed his hips into me. The way his fingers worked to stretch me and how they dug into my hips when he was inside me. The way he said my name, over and over, and the way he made me scream for him. The way he spooned me after and hugged me like he was never going to let me go. The way he eventually fell asleep with me in his arms and how we were so close to one another that there was so much bed space left. 

As I continued to stare, I wondered what I did in this lifetime to deserve him. He's gorgeous. He could've gotten anyone he wanted, but he chose me. More importantly, he has an even bigger heart, a heart that he said now belonged to me. 

"Are you watching me sleep?" He suddenly said, his eyes still closed.

I let out a light chuckle. "I might be," I confessed. 

He slowly opened his eyes and I was greeted with a beautiful pair of blue looking right at me. He smiled sweetly before he planted a soft kiss on my lips. "Creep."

"Can you blame me?" I teased.

He just smiled and he pulled me closer to him. "I could get used to this."

"This?"

"Waking up next to you. On your bed. Covered in your sheets. Everything smells like you." He leaned in and inhaled deeply. "So nice."

"Now look who's acting like a creep." I giggled when his stubble tickled my neck. "So, breakfast?"

"Can I get you on a plate?" He smirked.

"We'll see," I winked. I would've played along but my stomach grumbled. "For real, though. I'm hungry." I started to pull away.

"Noooo... Stay here. Five more minutes." He hugged me tighter and placed several kisses on my cheeks.

I wanted to give in but my stomach protested. "As much as I want to, I'm starved. We didn't actually get to dinner last night."

He responded with a hearty laugh. "Right, dinner." He released me and we both started to get up.

"Starbucks?" I asked as I put on a shirt and changed into sweats.

"Sounds good to me," he replied, dressing up as well.

I grabbed my wallet and phone and we both headed out the room.

The smell of pancakes filled the apartment and I found myself walking to the kitchen. I stopped as soon as I saw Alex leaning on the kitchen counter with a mug of what I assumed was coffee. Scott's back was to us as he was the one cooking the pancakes.

"Hey, Mitch, good morning!" Alex greeted as he put down his mug. 

Scott spun around as soon as he heard my name. "Good morning, Melissa," he said with a warm smile. "Sora, right?" He said to the blonde beside me.

"Yes, hi," he replied, making an awkward wave.

"Sora, Alex. Alex, Sora," Scott said as he pointed back and forth between the two boys. "Join us for breakfast?" He looked at me.

"No, thanks. We're actually headed to Starbucks. Do you want anything?"

"We're good, thank you," Scott answered.

I turned to the blonde beside me. "Let's go?"

He smiled and nodded. We headed for the door and we were on the sidewalk a minute later. 

Sora took my hand and locked his fingers in mine.

An overwhelming feeling of guilt assaulted me, and I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. 

He's happy, Mitch. You tried, you didn't work out. He has Alex now. You should be happy for him.

I looked back at the apartment and thought about the two boys we left behind. 

My heart, my broken heart is still in there.

I glanced at Sora, who was humming softly to himself. 

Don't be stupid, Mitch. You have him. He's perfect. And he loves you. Don't be unfair. Give him a real chance. 

In my mind I knew what was right and what I had to do. I took a deep breath and silently wished for me to eventually learn to stop craving for things that will never be mine again.

---

A/N: So this story doesn't really belong here... but I needed to write this.

Also, I didn't want to put this at the start and spoil the whole story. These are the actual lyrics which served as inspiration for this book, still from the same song:
"It may look like I'm happy but people who know me, they know that I'm not doing so well
I heard you've been dating and though I've been waiting, I ain't found you in no one else
And just the thought of never waking up with you again always turns me inside out
How could we let it end?
And even though there's no more us to save, it's you I crave."

I have always loved this beautifully painful song. If you haven't yet, listen to it. 

Twitter/Tumblr/Instagram/Snapchat/Kik/Tablo: evekatalbas