Chapter 40 - Sassmaster Hiro and Christmas

(A/N: Hey everyone! I’ll be posting an important note after I post this chapter. I hope you enjoy this little Christmas chapter I added in!)

Chapter 40

(Akira’s POV)

                (∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙) TIME SKIP: Until December 24th/Christmas Eve mid-afternoon. Hiro and Akira have spent the last few days spending every moment together. Baymax has done frequent checks for Henry, Evan, Callaghan, and Roderick, with no signs of them (∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)

                “How’s your side doing, Akira?” Cass asked as she sat down with Hiro and I on the couch to watch The Nightmare before Christmas (we decided to watch an untraditional Christmas movie because we had spent the morning watching normal classic Christmas movies.) Cass was wearing a Santa hat to add to the holiday cheer.

                “Thank you, it’s pretty good actually. It seems to be healing very quickly,” I answered.

                “When are you going to get your stitches removed?” Hiro asked.

                “They’re water soluble so they’ll eventually wear down so I don’t need to go to the doctor’s to remove them.” I lifted the bottom of my shirt up slightly to show that a scar was already forming and healing and that the stitches were starting to disappear. They nodded.

                “OH!” Cass shouted and then ran to the kitchen. Hiro had his arm around me and pulled me tighter to him.

                “So… What did you get me for Christmas?” He teased and pointed to the box under their tiny tree. I childishly stuck my tongue out at him.

                “I don’t remember, guess you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out,” I answered in a joking manner. He laughed and kissed my cheek. Cass returned with hot chocolates for the three of us.

                “He’s not trying to get you to tell him what his present is, is he?” Cass asked. I giggled and nodded. “He does that every year.”

                “Now you’re just giving my plan away? What a great aunt you are,” Hiro sassed jokingly.  Cass opened her mouth to say something in return when I blurted out my witty comment first.

                “Sassmaster,” I chimed. They both looked at me and blinked blankly and then Cass burst out laughing, almost falling off the couch.

                “Did you just call me-,” He began.

                “Yes. I did, Sassmaster,” I teased again. He rolled his eyes and gave me a tight hug.

                “You’re the one who’s a Sassmaster,” he teased back.

                “Hey, I don’t sass my parental guardian,” I continued. He rolled his eyes and Cass continued laughing.

                “Fine, fine. You win,” he gave in. I smiled and kissed his cheek and finally Cass caught her breath and calmed down a bit.

                The three of us sat together and drank the hot-cocoa that Cass had delivered to us. When the movie finally finished, it was almost 7. Hiro and I decided to head up to his room to continue our robot until Cass had finished cooking. As we made it to the stairwell, several pictures caught my eye. I stopped to look and realized that they were all pictures of Hiro, Cass, and another guy at different ages. Hiro noticed me looking and sighed.