Chapter 34 - Cheater

(A/N: A friend of mine drew a picture of Henry, so I attached it to the media section.)

Chapter 34

(Akira’s POV)

                “Good. I overheard Honey and Fred talking about tomorrow morning’s plan. Apparently we’re going to go out shopping and then go to the park,” I explained to Hiro and then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. A buzz came from my pocket, causing me to jump and gasp. I yanked it out of my pocket.

                “What happened? Are you okay?” Hiro panicked. I laughed at the jump scare that my phone caused me to have.

                “Yeah. My phone was on vibrate. Somebody texted me,” I looked at the screen and read the text.

                Henry: Hello, Akira. I must apologize for messaging you so late. I know you said you’d be busy this weekend, but is there perhaps a chance that you are free tomorrow?

                “Who was it?” Hiro inquired. I responded to Henry quickly.

                Me: Sorry, Henry! I’d love to hang out with you, but I’m going to the park with my friends tomorrow! Maybe another time? : )

                “Bleh. Nothing. People being annoying,” I answered knowing that Hiro would be upset if he knew Henry had my number. Hiro has no reason to be upset, but I don’t want to chance it. It’s not like Henry and I like each other or anything though. I’m in love with Hiro.  “Hey, Hiro?”

                “Mmhm?”

                “I love you,” I cooed and then snuggled against him.

                “I love you too, Akira,” he answered and placed a warm kiss on my lips. We fell asleep against each other, but still in our separate sleeping bags.

                (∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙) TIME SKIP: Overnight and several hours in the morning. It’s now 1PM, everyone has had lunch out and has gone shopping. They’re now at the small nearby park. (∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)(∙-∙)

                We all sat together on a shady patch of grass in the park. We had just finished playing Frisbee and everyone except for Hiro and I had to head home. Everyone exchanged hugs and fist bumps.

                “Why don’t you two lovebirds go take a walk around the park since we’re heading out now?” Wasabi suggested. Hiro and I nodded. We waved to them as they walked in the opposite direction. My boyfriend and I began taking our stroll when a familiar voice stopped us.

                “Ms. Akira!” Hiro and I spun around to see Henry running over to us. He ran up to us. “I’m sorry for bothering you. I know you said you were busy, but I really wanted to do this before Monday,” he explained. I looked to him confused by what he was talking about. “I love you,” he quickly said and then pulled me into a kiss without my consent and against my will. He released me and I pulled away and stepped back from him.

                “YOU’VE BEEN CHEATING ON ME?!” Hiro screamed at me. His face was red in anger, his fists were clenched, his brows were furrowed, and tears were threatening to spill from his eyes.

                “No! Hiro! That’s not-,” I began.

                “I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT, AKIRA!” he shouted. He spun on his heels and raced off in tears. I turned to Henry angrily.