Chapter One

"The wand chooses its owner"

"What should we do? The wand has already chosen its new owner!"

After what happened between the princess and the wand, the Highest Commission have to make a meeting right away. All of them encountered how the wand exploded the room with its power. 

The Highest Commission has twelve powerful members and each one has a position in the palace. All of them are in charge of the decisions of the kingdom but above all, the Queens Decision is still important because she is the ruler after all.

The members, especially the Queen, are all seated at a long table made out of strong glass. They were ordered to be seated and be calm but they couldn't. The room was crowded because of the members complaining about the Wand. All of them were bothered because the wand has already chosen its new owner.

"Your Highness! You know about the rule that the princess may not lay its hand on the wand if she's not yet 18," one of the members complained. All of the members who were busy talking and listening to each one's opinion stopped and turned their heads to the Queen.

The Queen was all silent as she stared at all of them waiting for them to be quiet. All of them were seated after realizing the Queen's silence. It's like something passed by that made them all quiet after they saw the Queen's facade.

"Yes. I know about the rule," she responded. Even her voice screams with power, slapping each one of them using her voice. One of the members was about to open their mouth but the Queen stopped him.

"I didn't give her the wand. I asked her to guard for it."

"B-but w-why?"

"Because I wanted to," facetiously she said in a playful voice that made the members mad secretly. A few members frowned and some complained quietly.

The Queen knew that the Members were already irritated by her but the members could not comply to what their frustrations screams since they still have to pay respect for their ruler. But it was fun seeing the mens acting like a madman. She was trying to provoke them.

"Queen Miranda. With all due respect. We cannot just give the wand to Princess Harper if she hasn't gone any training yet!"

"She doesn't even know how to cast a spell and she also doesn't possess any magic," One of the members chuckled.

"She will turn 18 next year and it looks like she's not ready to be a proper queen. I don't even think that she deserves to rule the kingdom either," all of them laughed but the Queen didn't find it funny. The whole room is now filled with the members' laughter. To the mens, it was merely a joke, but for the Queen it was an insult. An insult that she wouldn't dare  let it pass through.

But all of them were shushed after the Queen slammed the table. The table trembled which made them all shocked. The Queen's face was calm but her eyes were full of burning flames. Her silence made things more dangerous.  Her daughter, her only offspring, was insulted in front of her.

The Queen badly wanted them to be imprisoned but she knows her standard. She knows them perfectly. She realized that imprisoning them would be a waste of her power.

She believed in her daughter more than them. She raised her and taught her well to be a proper one. No doubt that she let her daughter guard the wand because she knows that the wand would choose her as its new owner. She knows that her daughter would be a great ruler for their kingdom someday, that's why she was so insulted by the member's words. Each word offended her.