Chapter Forty six

I am not Alone

Harper's POV

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa folder nang mag angat ako ng tingin at agad na kumulo ang galit ko matapos makita si Timothy sa harapan ko. Bumaba ang kanyang tingin sa hawak ko at kitang kita ko kung paano nag iba ang kanyang ekspresyon.

"It's been a long time since I last saw you."

Dahan dahan kong binaba ang folder at inayos ito kung saan ko ito unang nakita bago naglakad palayo sa lamesa ng Headmistress. I turned my gaze at him. His eyes were watching  every move I do.

I smiled...

Bitterly.

"I thought you died."

"Selene..." Agad dumapo ang kamay ko sa kanyang pisngi.

No wonder why he doesn't call me by my name. Now I realize how he behaves in front of me. The memories since the first time I laid a feet inside the academy was always with him, all of it came back like a big wave. The memories I created was always with him. It was always him all along.

Gusto kong pagtawanan ang sarili ko.
I was tricked again. I made myself trust someone whom betrayed me.

"It's the second time that you've betrayed me and it's the second time that you put our relationship into a waste," matigas kong sabi.

"Why are you here? Why are you back again? Ano bang kailangan mo?"

"That girl..." I paused for a while.

"That girl you were finding all along...was it me?"

I felt disgusted with all the things that I did for him. The feelings and emotions that I've felt about him turned out distasteful. I couldn't bare to touch nor lay a single eye on him dahil nahihiya ako at nandidiri para sa sarili ko.

Hindi siya sumagot sa tanong ko.

"Bakit Timothy? Why are you looking for me? What do you wan't? Bakit hindi ka makapagsalita?"

Punong puno ng galit ang nararamdaman ko.

"Selene, you should listen to me," agad akong umatras nang umakmang lalapitan niya ako.

"No! Bakit paba kita pakikinggan? Hindi paba sapat ang ginawa mo sa pamilya ko? You killed my grandmother and no matter what you do,  you'll never be able to earn my forgiveness."

"I couldn't believe that I almost confessed to you!"

"And I'm thankful that it didn't happened. Is this your plan to make me fall for you? I can't believe that I've been confusing my feelings with a murderer like you!!"

"Bakit kapa nga ba bumalik? You should've died, you should've pay for your sins!!"

"I'm already paying for it. What you're doing right now is already punishment for me and I'm trying to pay for my sins, I just wan't  you to listen to me," Timothy said.

"What you're suffering right now isn't enough for what all of you've cause. I don't need to listen to you because everything you did was already loud and clear!"

"You're pushing me again. Please, don't do this to me."

"I already did. I'd rather suffer in grief than falling for a murderer like you!"

"This is the last time that I'd say this. I don't wan't to see you again...ever again!!"

Pinalis ko ang mga luha sa pisnge ko bago siya tinulak.

"Selene!" Agad kong hinawi ang kanyang mga kamay.

"Don't ever call me by That name. Sumasakit ang tenga ko sa tuwing naririnig ko ang boses mo!"