Part 68

The dressing room is empty. All the guests have left and the boys're probably out somewhere drinking.
"Niall, we're leaving." Chris says. "They're gonna start locking up the place in an hour."
Niall stares at himself in the mirror before rubbing his face. "I'll just go with you." He mumbles.
Chris blocks his way, tilting his head smilinh. "Maybe not."
Niall lets out a confuse scoff.
Chris moves out of the way revealing someone standing in the doorway.
Niall's shoulder falls. "Lexi," He breaths quickly walking over to her, embracing her in a hug.
"You're sweaty." She mumbles in his chest and he just hums.
Chris clears his throat. "Well, some of the team's still outside doing some final checking. You can leave with them, or not." Chris nudges Niall before leaving the two alone.
Niall lets go of Lexi, properly looking at her face after such a long time.
"I wanted to wait till everyone leave. Would be so much easier to run when it's only you stopping me-"
"You are never gonna run again." He says making her laugh.
"No." She shakes her head.
She looks up at the ceiling and slowly shakes herself off of his grip, biting her lower lip. "Look, that song," She sighs. "It made me realise that sometimes young love isn't forever, and that's fine-"
"We were so much more than that, you know it." He cuts her off.
"I know." She says. "What happened wasn't a big deal. I mean, it was for a while. But then I left to Sydney for a really long time and, you never reach out to me."
Niall takes a step back. "I didn't know you want me to." He blinks.
"It's not your fault. I didn't too." She says. "I just thought that after all that time, our moment's gone." She shrugs. "And I didn't want to rekindle something that I'm not completely sure about. Especially this. Because a long time ago I was really, really sure, about this. Us." She says. "So I had to leave for a bit. To think without all your friends pushing themselves on my face."
He lets out a soft 'oh'. "You really scared me."
She laughs, reaching out and placing her hand on his cheek. "I'm sorry."
He shrugs. "Did you really have your period-"
"No." She laughs making him quietly does too.
She lets out a sigh and moves her hand to take his. "Come on," She motions. "I wanna take you somewhere."