Part 61

In a blink of an eye, tour is almost over. Niall had just wrapped the Melbourne date and tomorrow he'll be arriving in Melbourne.
"How are we feelin?" Chris asks grabbing Niall's shoulder.
He shrugs, slowly rubbing his chin. "Nervous."
"She's gonna be there." Chris assures.
"I know. Then what?" He asks. "We can't just pick up where we left off. There wasn't much left to pick off from the last time."
Chris laughs setting his camera down. "Relax." He says. "You overthink it, you'll ruin it." He tells him.
~~~
Lexi had a really bad day on set the morning before Niall's show. When she left the set around 4 pm, her mind was so messed up she swore it was life playing tricks at her for trying to rekindle what was purposely broken.
"Stop." Jackson says as they both ride home. "You're not gonna use this as an excuse to not go tonight. Bad days are everyday on set. Today happened to be yours. So what?"
"I need a mental health night in is what." She mumbles.
Jackson briefly looks away from the street to her, pulling the most unimpressed face at her excuse.
"No." He says.
She turns to him pouting.
"You are not ditching. We made a deal-"
"You didn't even want to go!"
"But I am going for you. Now suck it up because I'm gonna doll you up when we reach home."
By the time they arrive, Millie already left the house to the venue with her friend.
They both quickly change and drive to the venue, stopping at McDonalds for takeaway first. By the time they arrived, a line has formed and it's a pretty long one.
Lexi looks ahead anxiously hiding behind her mask that she and Jackson wore. He didn't want her to have it but she promised him she'll take it off inside, she just didn't want to draw any crowd outside the venue.
"What?" Jackson scoffs seeing the other line forming. "There's a meet and greet package and he didn't send you one? That's like the easiest way for him to see you. Dumbass." Jackson slaps his forehead making Lexi laughs for the first time today.
"Alright, stop complaining." She tucks on his shirt. "It's gonna be a long wait."
They stand for a while longer under the sun. Lexi starts to feel her skin burning from the heat, and her heart pumps up a little bit too fast.
She looks around the crowds, everyone so looking forward to see Niall, everyone but her, the only person he's looking forward to be in the building.
She looks up to Jackson. "We should go. This is a mistake."
Jackson scoffs shaking his head. "Nuh uh, see that guy over there?" He asks nodding to the blondie across the queue lining up for the soundcheck session. "Keeps looking over to me. Definitely gonna hit me up."
"Maybe he's looking at me."
"Nope. Definitely at me, now shush!" Jackson squeezes her shoulders. "You made a deal."