Part 46

Eight months later*
"Alright," Jackson slams his car door shut.
Lexi slips to the passenger seat and pulls on her seatbelt. Jackson and her have been working closely side by side for the past months, both being the lead of her debut film.
"Now, the important question." He groans. "Where shall we have lunch?" He turns to her grinning as she grumbles.
"This bullshit again." She rolls her eyes. "Anywhere-"
"Last time you gave that answer you proceed to say no to every single suggestion I made for half an hour!"
Lexi lets out a giggle and rests her head back on the seat. She likes teasing Jackson, he's a fun dude to be around with.
"You know that little Spanish restaurant near the beach?" She asks. "Lets go there. I want paella." She says.
Jackson looks at her with wide eyes. "Lexi, actually having a specific meal request?" He asks making her smack his hand earning a laugh. "Alright, alright." He laughs typing in the name of the restaurant in his phone gps. "Let's go!" He says turning the radio on.
'Alright, this next song is requested by Alfie for his beloved fiancée, Jasmine. Happy two years anniversary, Jas.'
Lexi and Jackson look at each other making the best awe face the two actors can pull.
'Here is Seeing Blind by Niall Horan, featuring Maren Morris'
Lexi looks down at her hands as the strums of guitar starts to play. She looks up trying to not look bothered, although she knows she is. Where is he now? How is he? Is he well? So many questions, so little pride to spare to ask.
"You okay?"
She looks up to Jackson before nodding slowly, giving him a smile. "Just a little tired. We've been staying on set for 12 plus hours these past days." She says making him roll his eyes.
"Tell me about it. Thank God for this day off or else I'm flying back to Melbourne and never coming back to Sydney again."
She lets out a laugh. "Just drive, chaperon. I'm starving!" She nudges him.
"Alright, Miss Diva." He teases.
She watches out as the buildings and trees disappear and appear in her vision. "I'm sorry, can I just-" She grumbles changing the radio station.
"Hey!" Jackson whines.
"That's such an old song, I swear to God. I need fresh hits." She rolls her eyes.
"Damn, who hurt you?" He teases and she rolls her eyes.
"You have no idea."