Part 50

Jackson plops himself on the bed next to Lexi.
"Decided?" She asked.
"Yes." He grins excitedly.
He turns off the light and taps on a movie on his ipad, linking it to the tv with Bluetooth. The screen dims and the opening sequence of Stranger Things play.
"This came out years ago-"
"But it's good-"
"I've watched this-"
"Please" He whines snuggling to her.
She rolls her eyes shaking her head before pushing his head off her shoulder. They continue to watch the show anyways and about four episodes in, Jackson fell asleep on her legs.
She lets out a sigh and opens her phone, letting the show continue on as background noise. The first thing that caught her eye is a notification from Instagram, a DM from an old friend.
"Freaking Millie." She mutters in her breath.
It's not like she can actually hate Millie. She's fifteen and when they like a celebrity oh boy do they go full on.
She takes a deep breath and taps on it. A simple 'Hi' is on the screen. She pauses for a while, debating whether to answer the text or not.
She decided to send a smiling emoji instead. Seen immediately pops up under her text, and then the typing bubble. She watches in anticipation before it disappears. She wasn't expecting anything but yet hope for something? If that's even fair.
'How are you?'
She takes a deep breath as the text pops up.
'Tired. Can't believe how long Baz made me stay on set.' She sends.
He gives two laughing emojis. 'Baz?'
'Director I've been working with for the past months.'
She waits for another response, but the next one takes a while. Jackson stirs on her lap groaning, rubbing his eyes, letting out a moan before closing his eyes back. Lexi lets out a chuckle and looks down to her phone.
'If you haven't heard, I'm coming there next January.'
She lets out a sigh. 'I know' She sends. 'My co-star is your future wife'
She can already see him rolling his eyes laughing in her head.
'What can I do to have the privilege of your presence on the day?'
She stops not knowing what to response.
"Who're you texting?" Jackson asks slowly sitting up from her lap. She quickly locks and puts away her phone, shaking her head.
"Nobody."